Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'New' car (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 1:14pm

I think if the quarters are bowed, its junk. Not sure what you have into it, but I can't imagine it being fixable for cheap. I think the broken rear window alone might be worth more than the car.... no offense.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 1:29pm
See if the guy that hit you will pay out of pocket. An insurance company will give you $500 and say the car is totaled.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 4:52pm
Oh no! Not your crappy car!

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 4:26am
God almighty. I haven't chirped in on this forum for a while, but some of you might remember my name.

Anyways dude, i don't know what you're thinking, but both of those were nightmares from the start. I know a fair share about cars (I own a jeep myself, and frequently work on it and make it better), and i wouldn't of bought either of those. Just to let you know the point of a "project car" is to fix it yourself. That doesn't mean bring it to a mechanic and spend 5x what you spent on the car for the engine alone. You need to FIX IT YOURSELF. That's the fun in it, you learn how to rebuild the engine, and you have fun along the way. I'm not "busting on you" in anyway, i'm just simple saying do not spend that much money on that car.

Get a jeep, and work on that. Spare parts are cheap and readily available, and they go just about anywhere.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 4:38pm
Time for another update. Got $2100 to total my car. Went out and bought this.

'93 civic hatch with around 170k on original stock motor (D15B7). Came with a ricer exhaust I want to get rid of.
Steam: Kingtiger125
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 7:41pm
Are those Acura headlights on the car?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 8:10pm
Finally a decent car. Riced out, but decent.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 2:32pm
Decided I'd see if I'd keep my next car for a while before updating.

So, about a week after I bought the rice box, some idiot made a left in front of me when I had no chance to slow down. Everyone is fine. My airbag deployed, but I did not need it. His insurance covered everything, as he was at fault. Have some funny pics. 

Kept the car, sold it for parts. Engine still ran.

So about 2 weeks after the accident, I bought this for $1900.

No tears or rips on the seats.

Reads 184,581 (reads about 197,xxx at this point. sorry for the camera phone pics)

Cargo cover.

No rips/tears and only minor blemishes

Sun roof works perfectly.

B18A1 Bay needs a good cleaning.

Edited by Kingtiger - 14 December 2012 at 2:36pm
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:21pm
Nice, very reliable car, hopefully you can keep it dent-free!
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Nice, very reliable car, hopefully you can keep it dent-free!
Except for the small line of dents running up the driver side. came with the car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic