Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Pro question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fosko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fosko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Pro question
    Posted: 26 April 2012 at 1:47am

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Custom Pro and a Custom Pro Platinum? I'm assuming that there is I just didn't know right off the top of my head. Also, how can you tell when a gun is made? I'm looking at a Custom Pro(camo) that's been used one time and then the guy lost interest in the game. He's selling it for $90 bucks w/ a 20 ounce tank, hopper ,and some other extras. Good deal in my opinion. It has the serial # of 045478. He said he bought it back in 07 or 08 and I didn't know if there was a way to tell by that number or not. Thanks for any help.

TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:25pm

The main difference between a Custom Pro & Custom Pro Platinum is that the Platinum series has a split receiver on the left side. This makes disassembly quick & easy. Your marker was probably built in late 07 or early 08. You can open it up & on the inside there will be a date stamp in the molded on the receiver with a month & year.  It most likely would have been built with in a month after that date. 

Fosko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fosko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 4:45pm
Thanks so much for the info. I'll be sure to check out the inside. I picked it up the other day, and it shoots as if it's right out of the box. I think the guy ran one hopper through it before he put it back in the box. I'm just sad that after 39 years, I'm just now getting into paintball. Wish I'd gotten into it a long time ago. Having a blast with it, and thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic