Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help co2= perfect, hpa= super inaccurate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xentris02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xentris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help co2= perfect, hpa= super inaccurate
    Posted: 15 April 2012 at 10:54pm
so my tippmann 98 custom pro with stock e grip has a flat line barrel with remote coil. started the day with hpa tank and shots were every where and the fps were every where when adjusting velocity 230 to 280 when adjusted. so i got feed up and put my co2 on the coil and shots were 6 to 12 inches closer and  velocity was jumpy but only by 12 ish.
i bought the flat line, the coil, and gurilla air 62 at 3000 with myth reg at the same time today was first day using them
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 11:20pm
take the remote line out and try using the tank right oin the gun to test it. Also tank regulators have a break-in period. It should improve over time.
xentris02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xentris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 11:27pm
ok tomorrow i will remove the line and test but in the end i need the line for hpa as it weighs allot. also what is a normal break in time for those.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 11:30am
Originally posted by xentris02 xentris02 wrote:

so my tippmann 98 custom pro with stock e grip has a flat line barrel with remote coil. started the day with hpa tank and shots were every where and the fps were every where when adjusting velocity 230 to 280 when adjusted. so i got feed up and put my co2 on the coil and shots were 6 to 12 inches closer and  velocity was jumpy but only by 12 ish.
i bought the flat line, the coil, and gurilla air 62 at 3000 with myth reg at the same time today was first day using them

I would check your paintballs, remote, compressed air tank & barrel installation.

When using a remote & you have firing issues, simply remove the remote & try using only your tank directly on the marker. This will tell you if your remote is restricting the air flow.

o   When using a remote always turn the on/off adapter knob all the way down until it stops, then back it off ĺ of a turn so itís not restricting the air flow. Sometimes the on/off adapter pin that pushes the tank valve pin down will block the air flow if you donít unscrew it a little.

Check the output pressure on you tank.

o   The 98 needs 800psi to operate. If your tank output pressure is low, it will cause your velocity to fluctuate or your marker to not re-cock. If you donít have a gauge to check the output pressure try a co2 tank. If your marker will work with a full co2 tank then youíll know the output pressure on the compressed air tank is too low.

Barrel installation

o   Make sure the Flatline adapter is screwed all the way in to the marker & that there is no gap between the barrel & adapter. Sometimes we'll see a small gap where the barrel slides into the adapter which causes velocity fluctuations & paint breakage.

Check your paintballs.

o   If they are low quality, not round & vary in size, then you will also experience velocity fluctuations.

xentris02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xentris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 4:26pm
ok today i went paint balling with out the remote and flat line and i had a fps move any where between 180 and 290 in a single setting so this rules out the remote, paint ballls are very Good quality and those are not an issue.
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by xentris02 xentris02 wrote:

ok today i went paint balling with out the remote and flat line and i had a fps move any where between 180 and 290 in a single setting so this rules out the remote, paint ballls are very Good quality and those are not an issue.

Is your marker a Platinum Series or the old style with the two valve retaining bolts on the right side of the receiver? If it's the older model make sure these bolts are installed & tight. These keep the valve from moving back and forth when shooting. Also a cracked powertube will give you large velocity fluctuations. Cracked powertubes are pretty rare, but it can happen. Let us know if this helps.

xentris02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xentris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 3:27pm
it is not a platinum yes id does have the 2 bolts. i just removed it saw no cracks and re installed it made sure they were tight(they were tight before removing). but as you bring this up i realized i for got to say i have a drop forward also on this gun. from what i can tell no connections are leaking. is it possible that that the valve is just worn out?
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 4:10pm

If all of your internal parts look good then I would check the output pressure on your tank, make sure it's 800 PSI. Or even try a different tank & compare the performance. Some tank regulators don't put out enough pressure, or are very inconsistent. If that doesn't work you should send your marker into our service department & have them go through it.

xentris02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xentris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:05pm
ok well my valve crapped out so i ordered a replacement  and it came in to day i just want to know do i lube the outer o ring or what?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 5:59pm
lube everything
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic