FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OH MAH GAWD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OH MAH GAWD
    Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:48pm
You may need a kleenex for this.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 12:49am
I <3 you.

I definitely prefer to see Jack White play guitar rather than the drums though
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 4:41am
Virtually no recognition for John Paul Jones?  Hmmmm...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 6:03pm
Yeah it's funny that everybody basically ignores the fact that Jones was in the video.

Sneaky-Typically I'd agree, but I love listening to Seasick Steve. I think that the vid could have done without Alison Mosshart though. She's both hawt and talented, but I didn't see where she added much here.

On a related note, I highly dislike Jack White's solo stuff that's trickling on to the radio. I think his legend was with the loud, dirty live stuff not the "meh" acoustic filler. That's just me though.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 9:26pm
^I like Love Interruption, actually. I'm still iffy on Sixteen Saltines. If I had to take a guess, my guess is Jack is trying to appeal to a wider audience than he has previously, while still trying to continue to grow as a musician. The ratings/popularity of his albums have progressively gotten lower after the White Stripes. While I prefer the dirty/bluesy sound, truth be told, he seems to be more popular now that he has begun to expand outside of that realm - at least with a more mainstream audience. He's a hell of a showman, so that would be my best guess.

Either way, I'm very curious to see his solo album in its entirety.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 09 April 2012 at 9:29pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 10:49pm
Consoler of the Lonely is one of my favorite songs. Jack White does some amazing stuff musically. This video is great!
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 11:16pm
Eh, to each their own.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic