FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fishing
    Posted: 05 April 2012 at 11:42pm

Anybody else get into good fish yet? Still early but ice out was early here.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 1:39am
That's a damn nice looking fish. You can tell how cold the water is by how red those scales are at the bottom. Haven't gotten to go out fishing yet this year, but I hope to soon. 
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 1:43am
I've been out a hand full of times, first time out I caught a decent sized bass. Nothing to phone home about yet though. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be able to make time to go out a bit more. Considering I have dropped way to much money on a few pieces of new gear to not be on the lake every day.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:07am
I'm hoping to find time this summer to get out. My uncle was out the other night at one of our favorite spots and caught a nice 23" Northern Pike.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:53am
I was fishing during my WW kayaking trip on the Rivanna. The water was still a bit too cold for the smallies to be striking, but I got one anyway. I'll probably take my fly-rod over to Harpers Ferry here in a few weeks and start trout season the right way.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 10:09am
I've caught a few nice carp on my ultralight in the river near my house, and some bluegill in a private pond so far.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:52am
A few days before I got that trout my buddy got a 29" chain pickerel in the same spot, which would be a decent fish if it were a northern, but absolutely huge for a pickerel.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 1:06pm
I've only went once so far. I got into some Crappie, but nothing spectacular. I've only fished for Largemouth, crappie, catfish, and bluegill. It looks like trout fishing with a flyrod would be enjoyable.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

It looks like trout fishing with a flyrod would be enjoyable.

Until you get good at all the different types of casting, it's pretty much just flailing the water.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:48pm
I tried getting walleye on the Detroit river yesterday. I lost a rod.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

It looks like trout fishing with a flyrod would be enjoyable.

Until you get good at all the different types of casting, it's pretty much just flailing the water.

The first attempt will most likely end up lodged in my body somewhere
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 10:17pm
chucking a bead-head salmon fly from a heavy rod in wind can be as painful as a paintball to the back of the grape from close range. That is, if paintballs had barbed hooks in them. 
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 4:47am
Father-in-law went out a few days ago.  Got a good amount of gills.  Pan fried 'em with some taters the next day.  Man were those good!

Can't wait to get out myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic