Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

How bout those Flyers, Shub?

What a ridiculous series.. The 8-4 shellacking in Game 3, then the 10-3 return in Game 4...I have never seen a playoff series like it. The Pens overall let the Flyers get the best of them...

My sister is from Tennessee, so my western conference team is the Preds, I'll try to catch of few of their games as they advance the Round 2.

In a more reasonable world, this would at the least shut up the Bettmann Conspiracy Theorists and those who claim that referees favor Crosby's team...but somehow, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 7:41am
The Pens/Flyers series was less like hockey and more like full contact cricket with the scores that were getting run up. I think the Flyers are going to have some trouble if they run into a team with good defensive qualities instead of the "score more points than the other guy" offensive strategy that both teams seemed to be using for the series.

Sucks the Wings got offed, but you can't be a contender every year. Yesterdays OT saw the Caps just give up in my humble opinion. Also, as much as I like Aucoin, he needs to be swapped out for Jeff Halpern who is 3rd in the league in face offs. Aucoin's a good kid with a lot of heart, but he doesn't have Halpern's playoff experience.

Also, a stupid penalty from Semin cost us a goal, so it looks like things are the same as they ever were, and Ovi's high-stick penalty on Chara was BS. The stick was forced up by another Bruins player and Chara ran into it purposefully. Go look at the replay. He had time to avoid it.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2012 at 6:26pm
Why must the Bruins go to game 7? God dammit
Que pasa?

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:27pm
Congrats, Tallen.

Tomorrow is Devils/Cats and Rags/Sens game seven. The NY/NJ area will be fun to be in
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:16pm
Wings are still the most recent team to repeat, thanks Tallen!
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 5:43am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Wings are still the most recent team to repeat, thanks Tallen!

You're welcome. I mean, I know I deserve the thanks and all that. It WAS me that told Joel Ward to shoot the puck in OT for that goal. I'm sure it was me he heard all the way from down here in Alexandria screaming at my TV and not his own personal skill/training. So yeah. You're welcome!
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 10:15am
Nicely done Caps. Holtby is a Lloydminster, Alberta boy.  My son lives in Lloyd and they are pretty pumped there.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 26 April 2012 at 10:16am
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 10:22am
Son of a *****!
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2012 at 10:25am
Whats a "team to repeat"?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:22pm
Its now
 LA>STL 4-1
PHX>NSH 3-1
Rags/Caps 2-2
NJ>Flyers 3>1 (woooo)

Thoughts?
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:09am
Still rooting for PHX, so they can tell the we got to move crowd, they are wrong about team support.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Whats a "team to repeat"?

Win two Cups in a row.

NJ needs to get out of the playoffs. Future Red Wing Zach Parise needs a long, healthy off-season.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 3:04pm
I just found out my friends brother plays for Minnesota. Badass.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:55pm
OS-Where have you been?
USAF-Aint got no chance.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 7:18pm
With the Pens out, my second favorite team (whoever is playing against Philly) won.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 10:58am
The Conference Finals round is set to begin.

I think the collective forum NHL fans all took a beating this year.

NJD vs NYR

PHO vs LAK

Who do you like?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:10am
NJ over NY
'yotes over LA
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:56pm
I'm just happy the Caps were defeated.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:46pm
Teams that took 7 games to win their first two series are 0-38 in conference finals.

Also, I meant to say this last round.... Suck it, Canada
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:12am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Knicks don't scare me that much.  They will be tough without Rose but there is a possibility he comes back for the Boston game on Thursday.

Regardless, the Bulls go into the playoff as the No.1 contender overall though, right? 

Well that didn't quite go exactly as I imagined. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic