Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 12:32am
Whale, you and Elliot from "Elliot in the morning" here in DC would get along well with the whole baseball thing. Mind you, no one agrees with him either. I think you and he are the only baseball nuts I can actually name. Sure, the world series is interesting, and as I stated before, the mob mentality at the ball park is what makes watching it live somewhat bearable. But if the game was REALLY as interesting as you seem to think, do you honestly believe they'd have to hold so many silly games on the sidelines and in the stands during the actual game to keep the fans from falling asleep as the pitcher spends 5 goddamned minutes shaking off calls from the catcher? There's a reason baseball is "America's Pastime," it's fun to play. But that's just it, it's something you play to pass the time. If you were to ask someone what America's Sport was, you'd hear "Football" as an answer more often than not. A pastime is something you do, a sport is something you watch.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 12:34am
I read last year there's roughly 9.5 minutes of live play in a baseball game.

In other news, SUCK IT ST. LOUIS YOU STUPID MOUTH BREATHERS
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 12:42am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Sure, the world series is interesting,

Interesting wasn't the point -- interesting comes from what you find interest in. Cerebral and complex was the point. I happen to find more complex, albeit less fast-paced, things more interesting. I enjoy that particular aspect of baseball. 

Things like: 

Quote as the pitcher spends 5 goddamned minutes shaking off calls from the catcher?

I enjoy that. It's a mind game. The pitcher is calming himself. He's mentally preparing for the pitch. He's recalling the last times he pitched to this batter. He's recalling their swing patterns. Is he a power hitter? Does he overreact to a break? Is he afraid of anything inside? He's remembering if they tend to swing at anything or are conservative, if they'll reach to get contact or if the're going to sit back and take balls. If he knows he's against a nervous batter he'll call off pitches just to mess with the guy. He's playing a game of mental chicken. 

All while listening carefully for calls from the infield for someone stealing base. All while peaking at first base to see if the runner is leading off too far. 

To someone who prefers the more fast-paced, yet overall less complex, games like hockey or basketball, I can see how this can seem like a waste of time, or can seem boring. I get it, I really do. But it doesn't make baseball any less complex of a sport. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 05 April 2012 at 12:46am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Knicks don't scare me that much.  They will be tough without Rose but there is a possibility he comes back for the Boston game on Thursday.

Regardless, the Bulls go into the playoff as the No.1 contender overall though, right? Who is better, overall, than them this year. Maybe the Heat, Thunder, or Clippers. But even the Clippers are live and die by Paul and Griffin. 

I would like to believe so.  With a healthy Rose and Hamilton (even though he hasnt played much at all) I believe they are one of the best teams in the league.  Miami and OKC are also very talented so we shall see.  Right now I don't see how anyone but one of these three teams can win it all.  I still think the Lakers are the best team in LA too.

Also, baseball > *.  I can talk forever on that one but Whale has covered it pretty well so far. 

Go Cubs Go!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:36pm
Goddamn! That was a hell of a game between FL and DC! SE Division is still up for grabs with just 1 game to go! Caps clench a playoff berth, FL can still loose it all. THIS is why Hockey >*
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 10:10pm
Red Wings lad a stinker down tonight.

Also, LOL at the East and the SE in particular Tallen. <3 anyways though.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 11:45pm
I would say Mr. Parise had a nice game LOL

I don't know who I would rather have the Devils playing in the postseason, Capitals or Flaarida. I kind of like the caps since they dumped those hideous blue jerseys.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 7:55am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

LOL at the East and the SE in particular Tallen. <3 anyways though.

SAT OCT 22, 2011 RED WINGS @ CAPITALS 7:00 PM FINAL: DET (1) - WSH (7)
MON MAR 19, 2012 CAPITALS @ RED WINGS 7:30 PM FINAL: WSH (5) - DET (3)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 7:18pm
Fair enough. I will give you the early one. It was the battle to be the last unbeaten, and you took it to us. AND it started a six game skid.

However, the March one doesn't count :p
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 8:13pm
I'm hoping for another Canucks vs. Bruins championship lol.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I'm hoping for another Canucks vs. Bruins championship lol.

Not gonna happen the way the Bruins have been playing this year.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 7:22pm
Interesting final day of the regular season. Caps are up 3-0 on the Rags after the first. Rangers are looking flat out there. Also, excited to see how the Panthers-'Canes game goes down.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 7:59pm
1. Rags/Sens
2.Bruins/Caps
3.Cats/Devils
4.Crysby/Philly

1.Nucks/Kings
2.Blues/SJ
3.Yotes/Hawks
4.Preds/Wings

Thoughts?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:20pm
Sens over Rags
Caps over Bruins (but it takes 7 to do it)
Florida over NJ
Pens over Flyers (unless crysby gets kabonged again)

Nucks over Kings
SJ over the Blues (unless SJ doesn't cheat for once)
Hawks over Phoenix
Wings over Nashville
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:27pm
Teams seeded lower than fourth most likely to make a run?(Detroit excluded)?

I'll take the Kings and the Devils(Though I hope NJ bows out early. Don't want Future Red Wing Zack Parise getting hurt needlessly)
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Teams seeded lower than fourth most likely to make a run?(Detroit excluded)?

I'll take the Kings and the Devils(Though I hope NJ bows out early. Don't want Future Red Wing Zack Parise getting hurt needlessly)

Don't forget, Senators bested the Rags 3 out of 4 this season.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 5:03pm
I hate both of you.

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

1. Rags/Sens
2.Bruins/Caps
3.Cats/Devils
4.Crysby/Philly

1.Nucks/Kings
2.Blues/SJ
3.Yotes/Hawks
4.Preds/Wings

Thoughts?

Really??
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

1. Rags/Sens
2.Bruins/Caps
3.Cats/Devils
4.Crysby/Philly

1.Nucks/Kings
2.Blues/SJ
3.Yotes/Hawks
4.Preds/Wings

Thoughts?

Really??