Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just bought a used tippmann a-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roxanne77 View Drop Down
spamalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxanne77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just bought a used tippmann a-5
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:39am
Nixed the spam . . . kept the cute brunette.

Mc
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Mack - 05 May 2012 at 7:36pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 8:21am
You shouldnt have had to buy a mechanical frame... the E-grip should be fixable. Pretty sure those boards had a lifetime warranty on them. You really need to look at the online manual and learn some of the actual names of the parts. It will help you explain your problems better. I have no idea what a hair switch is,  or a bolt lever.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
nokillz4me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nokillz4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 3:07am
Thanks for the info,

I realized that the a5 needs to have so much psi to stop it from leaking. I filled up my tank and the problem was solved,
I gutted out the electronics, the hair switch is somehow being wiggled down too much, I think alot of the trigiger mechanicism are worn out like you said, I had to buy a new mechanical trigger and also a new bolt lever to keep it from slipping and firing on accident.

and I went to a shop and they can order my end cap for the stock I have
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 7:51am
Originally posted by nokillz4me nokillz4me wrote:

So I just purchased a used tippmann a-5 tonight and off the bat some things that are problems/questionable problems..

leaked air out of the barrel until i cocked it - This is normal.
it has an electronic trigger, one which you have to use a screw driver or something to stick into it and change firing modes, the issue with this is that even when it is on safety it still will fire and yes even while it is cocked it will still shoot with safety on.- this shouldnt happen considering the safety slides behind the trigger to keep it from moving. Could be worn?

the gun came with a stock and the piece that holds the stock to the back of the gun and kind of looks like the end cap is broken in half and needs to be replaced, can this be purchased by itself?? - Not getting what you're saying about the stock mount., but you can buy stock endcaps, I am not aware of anyone welling parts for aftermarket stocks though.

www.tippmannparts.com carries a lot of replacement parts for Tippmann markers. They also have online manuals that can be downloaded and/or printed which contain valuable info. You may want to check the manual out and then come back if you can't figure out the answers after reading through it.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
nokillz4me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nokillz4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:50pm
So I just purchased a used tippmann a-5 tonight and off the bat some things that are problems/questionable problems..

leaked air out of the barrel until i cocked it
it has an electronic trigger, one which you have to use a screw driver or something to stick into it and change firing modes, the issue with this is that even when it is on safety it still will fire and yes even while it is cocked it will still shoot with safety on.

the gun came with a stock and the piece that holds the stock to the back of the gun and kind of looks like the end cap is broken in half and needs to be replaced, can this be purchased by itself??

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic