Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well, responsibility is beginning to get fun...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well, responsibility is beginning to get fun...
    Posted: 29 March 2012 at 4:27pm
For those of you that don't stalk me, I got an internship by sheer accident. Quite a change from my usual antics. I posted on a local gun forum replying to a thread seeking someone to design something, and someone else dropped me a PM telling me to apply at their firm for a paid internship doing CAD work. Few weeks later, I am getting paid $15/hr at an internship Big smile

Needless to say, I am pretty happy about it. For once in my life, I actually feel like i'm on track with most things, and not playing catch up. I love my job, and the people I work for don't suck.  Go me.

/livejournal /myspace /facebook
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 4:52pm
Congrats!

I actually don't mind working daily in a "career".
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 4:55pm
Real life observation-working with blueprints for 25 years will strip you of your artistic, right brain strength. If you have any artistic ability with things that don't require laser straight lines be sure to exercise those abilities on occasion.
Sent from a phone booth
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 5:01pm
Holy hell that is good pay for an internship. Very cool, my CAD-savvy buddy just got promoted to head of product design where he's working.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 5:20pm
Grats brah.  I love my job.  The only thing that could make it better is if I had a different boss.  I am counting down the days until she leaves in June.  

I remember making $28/DAY at my internship.  Now I work at the same place and started at 74k/year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic