FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sooo...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I'm just looking for a job
Same, also scouting nice overpasses to sleep under and panhandling locations. I think SallieMae would find me even if I faked my death.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 7:37pm
Just made all of this today (notice the previously mentioned homemade "geta") for a competition within my company. Some jerkoff DM apparently decided that they should turn what should have been a "who has the most experience with this topic" teaching/demonstrating issue into a "contest" from the reaction I received from my VP, nobody else within his region spent 3 years making sushi straight out of culinary school.

Edited by tallen702 - 29 March 2012 at 7:37pm
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 7:45pm
Damn that looks good.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Eh, just never had the motivation or incentive to do it. Could've had it the day I turned 16 in FL, but I was concerned about the other drivers' behaviour on the road. Up here there is more freedom of where to go, like I could take a drive down to the sea, or go up to a hiking trail on a mountain, or drive to the city.

I could have never waited until 19 to get a license.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 9:41pm
Tallen, as a frequent eater / lover of sushi and sashimi I'm as aroused as I've ever been by that photo.

I wished I knew how to do sushi, I'd live off of it.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Tallen, as a frequent eater / lover of sushi and sashimi I'm as aroused as I've ever been by that photo.

I wished I knew how to do sushi, I'd live off of it.

Step 1) Find a Super H-Mart near you.
Step 2) Learn how to make sushi rice properly
Step 3) Buy ingredients from said H-Mart/Super H-Mart
Step 4) Make Sushi
Step 5) Gorge yourself on said sushi

Seriously though, the rice is the hard part. After that, it's all about the finesse in rolling/forming it. I spent 6 months just making rice, cutting all the vegetables, and making the simple stuff like California rolls before I was ever allowed to touch fish, make sauces and "salads" (Ika Sansai, Goma Wakame) or make the more traditional stuff like Te Maki (hand rolls) and Nigiri Sushi. Not only do you have to wash it of all its excess starch, you have to know how long to let it sit in the clear water after that, and then how much water to put in when cooking it. After it's done cooking, you need to know by smell, touch, and sight when it's ready to start absorbing the seasoned vinegar (and how to make properly seasoned vinegar, everyone seems to forget the konbu and salt over here) and how to properly cool/fan it to set the starch on what, if you're doing it right, is highly shiny and polished rice.

Everything else is just rote motion after that.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:07pm
I'll have to give this a shot.

There's an H-Mart in Carrollton, I want to go check it out just out of love of Asian cuisine.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:08pm
I found out yesterday that the fellow that bought my '90 gmc that i sold 1 month ago flipped it and wrote it off.  I found out by driving by and seeing it on it's roof.  Buddy is ok, truck is gone, RIP old friend, 22 years; was a great  truck.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I'll have to give this a shot.

There's an H-Mart in Carrollton, I want to go check it out just out of love of Asian cuisine.

Their store locator lets you see the inside of the stores. The Carrollton store look new and really nice. The food court is great for trying out different cuisines (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc)

When you go, go to the meat section and buy some of their marinated ribeye, marinated pork, or marinated chicken. It's thin-sliced, so it takes no time what-so-ever to cook, and the flavor is effing phenomenal. The ribeye is bulgogi, the chicken is galbi, and the pork is jae yook gui. Basically the three main types of Korean BBQ. I tend to slice up a half of a small yellow onion, saute it off, add in the bulgogi, quickly cook it, and then serve it over steamed short-grain rice. It is superior to any teriyaki or yakiniku dish from Japan in my opinion. Also, make sure to peruse their frozen food section. The "bowls" from Ajinomoto are really good. Beef Galbi, Teriyaki Chicken Don, and Yakiniku Don are great quick-meals if you're short on time or don't want to cook. They also carry tons of traditional style yeast raised dumplings (buns) in the frozen section as well as every type of gyoza, shumai, or other dumpling. You'll find some good beer/sake/sochu in their liquor section as well if you're in a state that doesn't suck and won't allow sales in supermarkets (I'm looking at you MD and PA!) Seriously though, if I lived closer to the one in Fairfax, I'd never shop at Giant or Safeway again. H-Mart is like a smaller, asian-centric wegmans for me. Also, their produce, seafood, and meat tend to be superior to any of the national chain supermarkets. So much so that when I go into the one in fairfax which used to be nothing but Koreans and Japanese people, you now find more white folks in there than Asians most of the time.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

I found out yesterday that the fellow that bought my '90 gmc that i sold 1 month ago flipped it and wrote it off.  I found out by driving by and seeing it on it's roof.  Buddy is ok, truck is gone, RIP old friend, 22 years; was a great  truck.

How the hell did he flip it? Looks like the edge of a parking lot, he must've really been trying.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 6:46am
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 11:22am
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 11:40am
I've thought that since I saw the american top gear.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 1:48pm
I don't know why I keep watching TGusa, it's terrible, but I just keep watching it.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 2:00pm
Chewp and ssok are identical twins? I had no idea whatsoever
Sent from a phone booth
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Mother of God.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Mother of God.

That's one of the hosts of Top Gear USA. Which I will add, I have never watched, and will likely keep it that way.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 5:45pm
meh... it's entertaining. 
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 7:58pm
Chewpsture hosts a show called top gear usa? Radical

Edited by Lightningbolt - 31 March 2012 at 8:00pm
Sent from a phone booth
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Mother of God.

That's one of the hosts of Top Gear USA. Which I will add, I have never watched, and will likely keep it that way.
Ahh. Yeah, I wouldn't know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic