FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sooo...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

The remade Goldeneye was not very fun. 

Also, I'm studying for a statistics exam.

I got a 69 on the exam, curved. 

The professor we started the course with got ill and had to drop out to have surgery. The new instructor -- a recent post-doc -- seems frustrated that social science students are not taught as rigorously as he'd like, so the class got a lot more intense very quickly. The old professor's research was in how to properly teach social science students, and a lot of that was conceding that we didn't care a lot about the "why," we just wanted to know the "how" for our own research. 

I just want to pass. 

So that was my rant. 

I also submitted research to a conference in Chicago, so I might be visiting Dave at some point later in the year. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 2:57pm
This happened

I also started a new quarter of school, taking web design and UI design at the same time, learning HTML and all that stuff.Also taking Advertising Principles with a badass teacher that knows WHALE. And right now I'm currently on the 3rd season of Top Chef.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 3:36pm
Right on Bravecoward, how is the program so far? My program somehow completely skipped web-dev, I guess assuming we all know it. Kind of stupid since you need it to sell yourself/ your portfolio without relying on another service. I use cargo collective because they're stupid easy and actually look good.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 3:46pm

[QUOTE=agentwhale007>The remade Goldeneye was not very fun. 
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">Also, I'm studying for a statistics exam.[/QUOTE>
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">I got a 69 on the exam, curved. <div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">
The professor we started the course with got ill and had to drop out to have surgery. The new instructor -- a recent post-doc -- seems frustrated that social science students are not taught as rigorously as he'd like, so the class got a lot more intense very quickly. The old professor's research was in how to properly teach social science students, and a lot of that was conceding that we didn't care a lot about the "why," we just wanted to know the "how" for our own research. 

I just want to pass. 

So that was my rant. 

I also submitted research to a conference in Chicago, so I might be visiting Dave at some point later in the year. 

If it makes you feel any better, I had to drop a class I had an A average in because I thought a book report was extra credit when it reality it counted for a grade. So went straight from an A to a D.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 5:26pm
It seems that teacher/student communication can be a tough one sometimes. Being on the same page with a deaf instructor can be very difficult so I tend to question everything at least twice.

Still kind of clinging onto the Deans list for now. What's funny is how I don't bother to articulate here on the forum but scored almost 100% on my English pretest and that I'm eligible to tudor city school kids in English.
Sent from a phone booth
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 5:30pm
I think I made the deans list 5 semesters in a row.  WOooooo
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 5:48pm
Nice job. It's really not an easy thing to maintain
Sent from a phone booth
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 6:55pm

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Still kind of clinging onto the Deans list for now. What's funny is how I don't bother to articulate here on the forum but scored almost 100% on my English pretest and that I'm eligible to tudor city school kids in English.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 7:16pm
I got back from a cross country drive late last night. Took 52 hours for 3,150 miles. Not bad considering we had a dog to take care of, and I couldn't drive in the dark the second night, which forced us to take a rest break for three or four hours.

The Rockies aren't all that impressive.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 01 April 2012 at 7:17pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 7:21pm
What was the reason?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

What was the reason?

For the trip? My sister had a baby and they decided to move back closer to home. I flew out to help them pack up the house/drive the car back so she could fly home with the baby.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 01 April 2012 at 11:25pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

I'm generally not a fruit beer guy, but blackberrywit is hard to beat in the right setting.

Try putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it for a dessert. 

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Recently I've been enjoying the fine subtle flavors of the Fosters oil can. 
Gross.

It's a cheap way to steady the hands on a limited budget. 
You need to buy 'Gansett pounders. Dirt cheap and drinkable. Or get classy and experiment with cheap 40's. When I can get an 18 pack of Busch in 16oz cans for $12, I think I'm doing alright, then again, I used to get a 30 pack of Keystone for $14.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2012 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

The Rockies aren't all that impressive.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 3:45pm
As for TopGear USA, I watch it when nothing better is on. Most of the time they have no idea what they are doing, and/or blatantly ripping off the brits, so it is sort of entertaining. Their stupidity is what makes me laugh. 

If the British TG hosts had more American episodes, I'd love it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic