Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ICP b5 kit on a 2011 A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TannerMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TannerMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ICP b5 kit on a 2011 A5
    Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:28pm
hey im new to the Tippmann forums. i have a 2011 A5 and im curious, im interested in the near extinct ICP B5 kit and i was wondering if it fits on a 2011 a5 and if not what modification to the marker or kit it would take to make it fit. and help or info will be much appreciated.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 10:59am
My understanding is that the paint on the newer A5s, which is thicker and more resistant to damage, creates some fit issues.  Never tested this, just heard it.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 8:43am
The tombstone area has been redesigned on the 2011 a-5's. Why Lapco had to release a newer version of the magazine kits. You will also have problems over the raised TIPPMANN logo. But these are minor changes. Good luck with your mod. I have a friend that runs a B5 it's a cool mod.
TannerMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TannerMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 1:35am
thanks, i will take this into consideration!
alorrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alorrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 4:43pm
well i had just build a tippmann B5 with a new A5 and a unused ICP it took a while but it finally works flawlessly. but i had to modify things to get it to work.

mods to the ICP

first i sanded down quiet alot of the area were the air line is for your cyclone i made it longer down and mad a angle \ to make for the newer body of the A-5 on the ICP.

also i had shaved down around the area were your barrel meets the A-5 and all around there i shaved the icp so it fit snugly.

i couldnt put in  the middle screw on the icp to A-5. the screw it came with worked for the old a5 and the new one was off alittle so the middle screw wont fit at all so i fabricated a simple pin to hold it in place.

as for the icp mods that was pretty much it onther then smothing out areas that wernt flush tot he A-5.

mods to the A-5

i had shaved flat the raised tippmann logo on the side so ti was flush.

and theres the peice of the trigger that is the part that stops the bold from moving i had shaved flat the area on the bottome that made a triangle ill post photos later

since i shaved that part of the trigger down i had to make a new rod that was alittle longer then the one that came with the ICP and that worked perfect.

the trigger itself will not work with the ICP its honistly better to find the older style trigger part becasue of the sevier modification u have to do to make it work the with ICP the trigger and parts i modified of the enwwer trigger wernt useable when put back into the normal trigger so now they are stractily ICP and i cant have a safty with them so its better jsut to but the old style trigger area 

i was told that BT4 alpha has alsmot identical trigger setup as the old A-5 i dont own one so idk.

that is about all i had done to get things fitting and working jsut remember the middle screw that comes with the ICP WONT fit dont even try. trust me! when i put it into the ICP and through my A-5 it bends and distorts the ICp and it cannot fire! dont use the middle screw with newer A-5 

if the creator couldn't do it then no one can.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic