Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:09pm
Is the Subaru version AWD?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Is the Subaru version AWD?
nope
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:53pm

That seems lame.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:31pm
I am on my iPod, so bear in mind there are going to be a lot of typos.

Tallen, I wasn't seriously comparing a Mustang to this other than the fact that I would take a Stang over any Japanese car (especially wrong wheel drive). Although I will say you are a bit biased (as am I, so who really cares), I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you tested a new 2011+ V6. As for the United States not offering something that performs well on a road course... Boss 302   

I still believe that the average enthusiast will never push their car to "road course" level, unless they are trying to get killed. I forget who it was, but someone on here got cranky with me when I said red light burn outs were more fun.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:29pm
I hate rice burners, but I have made my car unique and representative of me. I do basically all the work myself. My car is track/autocross ready. I was actually planning to autocross it, but I have been waiting on the school autocross team to get another event together. Mine also has suspension built by a very respected race team that decided to give their performance pieces to the public in limited quantities. Let's just say it runs on rails. Almost zero body roll, and if you want it, lots of over-steer. It also sucks to daily drive because it is ridiculously stiff.

Atleast I keep the stickers off.
That being said, I would love to have RWD. It would be much more fun with much more potential.

Edited by RoboCop - 24 March 2012 at 8:30pm

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:41pm
Robo, nice car.  I like that you ahve kept it clean.  However
Quote but I have made my car unique and representative of me

You may have watched one too many Scion commercials. 
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:26pm
it's the good thing about having a scion, so many things you can do to make it your own. Atleast it's not like all the mustangs I see on the road that all look exactly the same Wink

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:27pm
That is a gorgeous car Robo. I like the TC's.

I'll put up a pic of my new wheels here in a bit. Whenever I get my new bumper I'll get back to fixing it up more personal like.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:49pm

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:55pm
Sorry to possibly come off rude, but why is that wheel is basically the only rim that people put on the stang? Is it because it is some iconic thing?

Edited by RoboCop - 24 March 2012 at 10:26pm

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 10:38pm
Haha no rudeness.

It's actually not just the stangs, those are American Racing Torq Thrust M's. Essentially they're the go to wheel for classic cars and trucks, and the new Mustang is too retro to do anything too modern.

If you look around for wheels you're gonna find that you get a choice between ghetto dubs or ricer rims. Choices are limited.

Plus, the 2000 Bullitt used them and it just became kind of a tradition. Believe it or not I'm the only person
I know that has done them on the 2010+ body style, and mine are deep dish which are kind of uncommon.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 11:11pm
I've seen the black on chrome version of those an awful lot.  Personally, I am a fan of the style that's on the Shelby GT500
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 12:56am
I actually dislike the Shelby wheels because they look far too much like the 90's Corvette wheels for my taste.

Mustang wheels are really tough to make work. I don't like the new 19" wheels either, and I hated my factory wheels. The only other wheel I considered was the American Racing Nova series which look like the 2003 (?) Mach 1 wheels. I may end up swapping for them later on.

What really makes me sick is that Shelby came out with the CS70 right after I bought those and I really like them-

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 1:32pm
Not bad robo, what wheels are those? 
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 2:24pm
Five Axis R6:F
http://www.fivead.net/wheels/r6-f-1.html

Not super high quality or expensive, but atleast they aren't knock offs.
They used a set of these for the Scion iQ concept with a lot of concave to them. They look really good with a lot of concave. Too bed they don't sell them in a really good offset.

Edited by RoboCop - 25 March 2012 at 2:26pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 3:15pm
A lot of people run Torq Thrusts because they look like the oldschool Cragar wheels. A good number of highschool parking lots in the 80's had a few sets of these:

My car runs a set of these OE wheels, not my pic. Each of the Big Three had a set like these, these have aftermarket Mustang center caps (my wheels are Chrysler)

And I think that these are the best looking Mustang wheels, IMO.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 4:22pm
Wow, I love those new shelby ones. Sadly, rims like that need larger rotors/calipers. Im not a fan of having all that open-ness.

After I graduate, I hope to get a Pontiac Solstice GXP, a newer Pontiac GTO or possibly a Ford Lightning. I would really need to test drive each.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 6:12pm
Mean, of all of those I'd go with the 2001 Lightning if you can find one. They were fast, rare, and pretty striking.

Otherwise, the GTO would provide a good starting platform for a performance build.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 7:26pm
Yeah, I really want something thats not super popular, although I do love Mustangs. I wouldnt mind finding a Roush or something like that.

My dad's friend bought a Lightning to tow his Mustang to the track.... turns out the Lightning ended up being faster than the Mustang.

But I have to say, something the size of a Solstice with (I think) 260 HP and rear wheel drive.... That has to be fun to drive. Plus, it has a very unique look.

And, the good part is they are all relatively similar in price. Mid to upper teens depending on miles and options.

Edited by MeanMan - 25 March 2012 at 7:27pm

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 7:28pm
Back in my day, real men rocked these on their vehicles.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic