FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 9:41pm
Lies Mack, those wheels are way too new.

Mean-Another interesting choice if you're looking in that range and want something scarce-ish would be an Evo IX. I love them.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 9:56pm
Don't lie Mack. We all know you cruised to high school every day in one of these.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Back in my day, real men rocked these on their vehicles.

Yeah right Mack, we all know the wheel hadn't even been invented yet. We all know you actually rocked one of these:

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Yeah right Mack, we all know the wheel hadn't even been invented yet. We all know you actually rocked one of these:

Psh.  We all really know that complex multi-celled organisms hadn't evolved yet and he really transported himself via a set of flagellum.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Psh.  We all really know that complex multi-celled organisms hadn't evolved yet and he really transported himself via a set of flagellum.

/thread
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 12:01pm
^^^ Okay, I LOLed . . . hard.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

A lot of people run Torq Thrusts because they look like the oldschool Cragar wheels. A good number of highschool parking lots in the 80's had a few sets of these:

Yup. I had a set of these on my 69 firebird. Wide as heck in the back and small in the front. Had to use air shocks to keep the fenders from rubbing on the tires. LOL.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 3:19pm
There are a lot of people from your generation that say "I had a set of airshocks on my ________." My dad broke the shock mounts on his '70 Chevelle with airshocks.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 3:54pm

Cragars...

Here was my driveway in 88. 

2-78 Camaros and a low rider. 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 27 March 2012 at 3:55pm
They tremble at my name...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 4:14pm

There are a lot of people from your generation that say "I had a set of airshocks on my ________." My dad broke the shock mounts on his '70 Chevelle with airshocks.
Had one collapse once while doing donuts in the Publix parking lot. Didnt end well.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 4:42pm

FE, that is delightfully white trash Thumbs Up

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Had one collapse once while doing donuts in the Publix parking lot. Didnt end well.

Flip?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 8:03pm

Flip?
Fender fell on the tire. Didnt do well for either the fender or tire.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 2:06am
My dad still has his 78 z28 in his garage. It hasn't been driven in years. I want him to get a job again (he's been laid off 3 years now) so he can save up money to restore it once he properly retires. Otherwise I'll have to do it for him. He still loves that car.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 8:42am

Wide as heck in the back and small in the front.

Don't you talk about her like that.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

My dad still has his 78 z28 in his garage. It hasn't been driven in years. I want him to get a job again (he's been laid off 3 years now) so he can save up money to restore it once he properly retires. Otherwise I'll have to do it for him. He still loves that car.

Sounds like mine, my dad passed it down to me when I turned 18 (after I had painted it for him), now its just sat due to another car im building ('81 Celica GT). I really hope to get a new set of floor pans and interior soonish so that I can get her back on the road.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 8:19am
I miss my Z-28... My wife has been wearing it on her ring finger since we got engaged...

I did a ton of work on that car. Huge cam, dual holly 650's high rise intake, (air cleaner stuck out the hood lol. ) Turbo 400 tranny with shift kit, stall converters. You couldn't take off without burning rubber. It got about 4 mpg. Hence the need for the yellow 78. I drove that when I was just goofing off, as it had a regular holly 350 carb and got about 17 mpg. 

The lowrider was my real toy though, I'll never forget my parents faces when they walked out to the driveway and I was cutting the top off with a saw... Lol. 

First convertible lowrider in NC... We had a blast in that truck. Course it was so low that I couldn't drive over a can on its side without hitting it... I won a bunch of car stereo competitions with that thing. Rockford pro 15's built into the bed with a walk through to the cab, I had a TV and VCR in it (For all you young pups, VCRs are like DVD's except you have to fast forward on tape to get to the good parts...) Bass hit so hard it would flip quarters off the roof. I could pull up to a light and shake the mirrors of the cars AROUND me. lol. Loved that thing. It was really obnoxious, but we took it to freestyle contests all over the country. 

Here it is after I hit a bear in PA and repainted it in my driveway. 

They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic