Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Tippmann 98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Tippmann 98
    Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:48am
I acquired an old 98 from a pawn shop for $20, and surprisingly it was in remarkable shape except for a broken detant(sp?) and a back-yard-I-dont-care paint job. I originally sanded it down and restored it to the original black finish, but I am now getting bored with it. I am trying to decide what kind of paint scheme to go with to liven it up. I have gotten a suggestion for a superman or a batman inspired paint job, but I am not opposed to a solid color. Keep in mind it is just a project gun for the most part, but it will be used when a fried wants to play with us. Any suggestions?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2012 at 11:56pm
A fried what?

I recommend a My Little Pony themed marker.
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

A fried what?

I recommend a My Little Pony themed marker.

Friend*

That would be pretty cool, but difficult to pull off the rainbow effect of the pony hair.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 2:02am
back to the future themed gun.
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by God God wrote:

back to the future themed gun.

Yeah with an insanely polished silver mirror finish, and the flux capacitor on a CO2 tank!
RainingPaint98 View Drop Down
Strike 3 - Illegal discussion 5/9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainingPaint98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 3:06am
why a theme? thats not paintball,,,,save the themes for somthin else bro.  I painted mine black and dark olive tiger paint with a satin finish im gonna post photos on the marker gallery within minutes of now.  Dont use gloss paint whatever you do unless you want a shiny, toy looking gun. i suggest satin or possibly flat. these are less glossy and flashy then high gloss finish. no matter what buy a clear coat in the same finish as the paint to protect . 
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by RainingPaint98 RainingPaint98 wrote:

why a theme? thats not paintball,,,,save the themes for somthin else bro.  I painted mine black and dark olive tiger paint with a satin finish im gonna post photos on the marker gallery within minutes of now.  Dont use gloss paint whatever you do unless you want a shiny, toy looking gun. i suggest satin or possibly flat. these are less glossy and flashy then high gloss finish. no matter what buy a clear coat in the same finish as the paint to protect . 

I feel paintball is what you make it...

and it is a project gun b/c I have an a-5 that is my primary.
arctic sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arctic sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:24pm
flat black with yellow digital camo and a big bio-hazardous symbol streched on it.
your real lucky to have a project gun that you can just go out and not worry about camo,post me a pic of the end project :)
Tippmann 98 custom
-14 inch barrle
-trinity hand gaurd
-m-16 mag
-high rise/off set rail mounts
-4X32 center point scope
-tac LED light
-solid m-16 stock

*Tippmann TPX side arm*
rsgoldseos View Drop Down

spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsgoldseos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:45am
Move along . . . nothing to see here.

Edited by Mack - 15 May 2012 at 5:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic