Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone system fitting onto 98 Custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Snipey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone system fitting onto 98 Custom
    Posted: 14 March 2012 at 7:40am
Hi there,

I've recently made the decision in adding a cyclone feed system to my 98 Custom. It seems like a fairly straight forward piece of kit to install and for the most part it's connected to the marker (from the feed neck perspective) easily enough.

The problem I'm having at the moment is connecting the banjo fitting to the marker.
Basically I have followed the guidelines of trying to connect the banjo fitting through one of the two screw points on the right hand side of the marker but for some reason the banjo fitting won't bite in the screw socket and almost gives the impression that it's too small (despite it sitting quite comfortably in the screw socket).

Have others had the same problem or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Snipey
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 10:54am
It doesn't go in the matching screw fittings on the side of the marker.  Those hold the power-tube in place. 

If you look at the rearmost screw, you will see a protrusion just behind and below it.  (Pretty much right in between the rear screw and the safety if you were to draw a line between the two.)  There should be a small screw (most likely slotted) that can be removed from that point.  This is where the fitting goes.

If you only have a plastic protrusion at that point, then you have an older 98C that did not come with the correct power tube.  The older Response Trigger and Cyclone kits used to come with replacement power tubes because of this but then Tippmann just started installing the newer power tube in all of the 98 series markers.  You can generally get a power tube by calling Tippmann and explaining the problem.

If you do not have a plastic protrusion at that location; i.e. their is only solid metal, then you do not have a 98C and installing a Cyclone just got significantly more challenging.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic