Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic ticket inquiry.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 11:16pm
Call the court and see if they have a way you can take a defensive driving course or something similar to help with the ticket. If so, usually you'll have to pay some type of fee to the court (but not the tickets fine), and after a probationary period of no more traffic infractions, they'll rip this one up as if it never existed. No fine, no points, etc.

Another tactic is to see if citations in your area are criminal or civil. If criminal, you have a few more ways to 'fight' them. Keep asking for an extension. If criminal, you have the right to due process, and generally a right to a jury of your peers.

Check to see if it's a moving violation in your state or not.

If you're like me, you'll luck out. I got a ticket back in 2009, plead not guilty, and it took them 2 years to finally get to me. Show up in court 2 years later, and they throw it out due to it taking so long to get through the system.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 8:08pm
Kayback is right. He lowered it already now you're just asking to get it out of it for free...
Que pasa?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Kayback is right. He lowered it already now you're just asking to get it out of it for free...

...because I was told I could.

How has reading become so difficult?

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 8:44pm
I'm thinking just like toilets flush in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, kbks advise sucks in america
Sent from a phone booth
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 9:07pm
Reading isn't difficult. Youre just making a big deal out of trying to get more of a break when you already got a huge one.
Que pasa?

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 9:18pm
I don't know about NY, but here in NJ, you just call up the court and plead not guilty. On the date of your summons, you got to court and the DA will call you up. You ask him what he can do for you, and basically he'll knock it down to a 0 point ticket and you just pay the fine and DMV surcharge. In return, you agree to plead guilty. Then the judge calls you up eventually, asks you if you agree to the terms, and boom, done. You walk out with a pretty big fine (if your state has a DMV surcharge) but no points.

I've been to court on 4 traffic tickets, so I pretty much have the process down pat.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

I'm thinking just like toilets flush in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere,
They don't. That's a myth.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 12:03am
Man, I don't understand why people have to get bent out of shape about this.  The officer tells Reb to go get his infraction reduced, and you want Reb to say, "no, no, I'd rather not"?  He isn't whining about anything; simply asking for advice on how to go about doing what the officer told him to do, unless I'm a complete idiot or am completely missing something?  

Would you essentially say, "Well officer, I appreciate your caring about my situation and trying to help me out even more, but you've already been nice enough and even though you want to put me into an even better situation, I would rather not follow your advice"?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 7:27am
Jeez this bloody spam filter is bollocks.

The cop told Reb; "Here is a break, if you want to try for a bigger one, go ahead".

Reb came here for advice, the advice to pay up and move on is as valid as any scheme to possibly get it reduced.

Personally my time is more important to me than trying to fight the system. If you want to do that, get hold of FE. He's the guy with timers and rulers.

If you want advice from someone who was brought up to admit guilt when guilty and not try weasle out of something, pay the fine. That also removes any chance of you prejuring yourself and committing another crime.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 05 February 2012 at 7:30am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 10:47am
Great example of what can be summed up as a dysfunctional statement. What does one persons time on one continent have to do with another persons time on a different continent? Bizzar to say the least. It's common in this country for professionals in the legal system to advise that you fight traffic tickets. I have a perfect driving record purely because I fight every ticket . Too many points and you lose your right to carry concealed in my little world.
Sent from a phone booth
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 11:04am
It's not a character defining shortcoming to try and find the best possible outcome from a traffic ticket. He has already said responsibility and admission of guilt are not an issue here.

If you bend over and take the punishment "like a man" then you're a mug.

Edited by scotchyscotch - 05 February 2012 at 12:46pm
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 2:09pm
Lol, then your precious "driving record" is a piece of crap.

You know what else you could do to preserve your driving record? Not break the law.

Wow. How out of the box is that.

You don't get tickets you don't need to fight them.

You don't have a clean driving record, you've got a good legal record.

I realise that my experiences is different to others, and others have different requirements but how the hell is buying your way out of trouble being a mug, and how is what I want to do with my time less of a concern because I live in a different country?

Time is time. I'm willing to pony up the cash and forget about being ticketed.

You guys are talking about months of writing letters, applications and TRAFFIC SCHOOL! I mean Jeez. Unless you are talking about advanced driving and skid pan sort of stuff HELL NO. So you can save 2 points?

Quote Well, it finally happened. In over a decade of driving, I got my first citation for speeding yesterday.

In TEN YEARS he will have gotten 2 points. It isn't like he is in any danger of running out of them any time soon. You are all spending too much time and too much energy on what a little money will cover.

I'll happily fight a ticket I didn't deserve, I've done it for incorrectly identified vehicles in speeding fines, I've done it for incorrect road markings in parking fines.

This seems like a waste of time. What's the limit on your points? 12 months? You'll be 1/4 of the way through it by the time you are scheming and possibly prejuring yourself.

Just remember, the cop may have been having a good day that day so gave you a break, if he gets called to account for the fine in 3 months he might not be in a good mood. Then you stand a chance of hitting the 2 points anyway....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 2:19pm
My situation is two speeding tickets since before you were born
Sent from a phone booth
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 2:23pm
I think some of you really, REALLY missed the point of my post.

But hey, no sweat. If it makes you feel better to pretend you wouldn't do the same thing in my situation, have at it.

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 3:00pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 5:53pm
As Forum President I hereby implement a retroactive rule requiring the death penalty for all traffic violations. 

I also implement a slow painful death penalty rule* for taking discussions on internet forums way to seriously.

*Carried out by being savaged to death by Chihuahuas. 
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 7:24pm
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 2:26pm
I see no problem in trying to fight this more.  I would if I was in the same situation.

This past weekend I was pulled over for the first time in a couple of years. Got a warning for doing 55mph in a 35.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 2:28pm
I don't see a problem with fighting it, and if he does I hope he wins.

I just don't see it as a valuable use of time.

KBK
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I think some of you really, REALLY missed the point of my post.

Yeah, guys.

The point was that he drove without his lucky charm in the vehicle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic