Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic ticket inquiry.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 8:37am

While 1 moving violation doesn't seem like a big deal it means that you're 1 more moving violation away from losing your right to carry concealed.  I think all you need is 3 points and they pull your ccw  and points stay on your record for three years in MI .  

Sent from a phone booth
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 9:06am
Ok that is rather interesting. Our points roll over on the aniversary of the transgression for things like speeding.

I'll admit I didn't know they could pull your CCW for driving violations.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 9:15am
Back in college about 25 years ago I parked in a restricted parking spot and got a citation.  I went to the majestrate and told her I didn't realize that the parking spot was restricted because the sign was covered with snow.  I wonder if she let me slide for contesting it or was her game off.  If I knew the sign was there I would have known the spot was restricted.
Sent from a phone booth
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I think some of you really, REALLY missed the point of my post.

Yeah, guys.

The point was that he drove without his lucky charm in the vehicle.

Good recall. That one's still in the Blazer...which is still broke.

it's still working though, since the Blazer hasn't broken WORSE in the time that it's been there.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Great example of what can be summed up as a dysfunctional statement. What does one persons time on one continent have to do with another persons time on a different continent?
I'm on the same continent and I wouldn't waste my time on it.

But hey, no sweat. If it makes you feel better to pretend you wouldn't do the same thing in my situation, have at it.
See above.

Maybe part of the issue is that the last ticket i got, the courthouse that I would have had to go to was nearly an hour away. I guess if it was local, I might consider it, but then again I'm lazy and probably wouldnt bother.

Personally, I would have a moral issue lying about a ticket, it's why when I am asked if I know how fast I was going, I choose not answer or say I don't know, because I usually don't. But if you're ok with going to court and lying, go with it.  Selective morality and all that.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 07 February 2012 at 9:43am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 9:39am

yeah it was 25 years ago.  how times change

I wonder if I'm ever going to get busted for driving 5 under.  My wife says I drive like an old grandpa.

see you at the drag strip

Edited by Lightningbolt - 07 February 2012 at 9:44am
Sent from a phone booth
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Kayback. Kayback. wrote:

I'll admit I didn't know they could pull your CCW for driving violations.

KBK

That's only 'cause he lives in a loser-commie-liberal-nanny-state.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

I think some of you really, REALLY missed the point of my post.

Yeah, guys.

The point was that he drove without his lucky charm in the vehicle.

Good recall. That one's still in the Blazer...which is still broke.

it's still working though, since the Blazer hasn't broken WORSE in the time that it's been there.

LOL

Hug

harrymiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrymiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 3:02am
Even the most cautious drivers are likely to be involved in a law enforcement traffic stop eventually. As reported by the Agency of Justice Statistics, the chances of this happening to a driver throughout a year are 1 in 11.48. Here are the top five most frequent traffic stops, plus how to talk to a police officer to be able to decrease your odds of receiving a traffic ticket. Resource for this article: Most common traffic stops, and how to talk to a police officer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 7:56am
Hi are you a cross between harry potter and barney miller?
Sent from a phone booth
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2012 at 9:43am
I thought he was just an excessively fuzzy moth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic