Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

climbing & outdoor gear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: climbing & outdoor gear
    Posted: 01 February 2012 at 11:14pm
As I've probably mentioned, I work at a summer camp where one of my main responsibilities is working at a high ropes course and rock wall in addition to hiking trips, white-water canoeing, archery instruction, and anything else awesome you can think of. While camp spent a several thousand dollars on new gear this year, my own collection could use some improvement. I already have some of the major things covered, harness, ATC, plenty of carabiners, 65L Osprey pack, lightweight sleeping bag, functional ground pad, and good hiking boots (Scarpa). I need to round out my personal gear collection, and have a $75 gift certificate for EMS to get me started. What are some must-have items I should look into? While I could get by without it, a ground pad was one item I would not now be caught without. Anybody found a bit of gear that you absolutely would not go without now?
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 2:37am
Wide brim hat and sunblock. I burn easy and skin cancer is a real threat to this whitey.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 7:13am

Most of my camping cuisine is a little less than gourmet- usually a can of something opened and thrown next to the fire to heat up. This little gizmo is a life (and hand) saver that allows you to pick up a hot can or pot.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 02 February 2012 at 7:16am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic