Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alpha black macroline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Austin7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alpha black macroline
    Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:04pm

i want to take out the macroline on myalpha black and i want to put my remote airline right into where the macroline goes into the barrel thingy.  what all would i need to get?

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 2:57pm

You might want to check a schematic of the marker and ask your question using correct terminology. It's a bit hard when trying to identify what a "barrel thingy" is to figure out what you are asking. My assumption is you are wanting to take the braided steel line off and connect a remote airline directly to the input for the powertube/valve. This is an unusual way to connect a remote. Most people just use a male adapter that they screw into their ASA and plug their remote into that using a female quick connect.  You could remove the male quick connect and screw it directly into the powertube/valve, but personally, I wouldn't. If you trip and fall or snag the remote on something, you are pulling directly on your valve. Risky at best IMO.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 3:26pm
Wait I know what a barrel thingy is
Sent from a phone booth
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:51pm

I think you would find it very difficult to install a remote adapter fitting directly into the valve.  There just isn't enough room in the receiver to do it.  I would suggest using the remote line as it is intended & connect it through the ASA adapter.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 9:04pm
I have seen it done but they used 1/8th brass to clear the reciever. But you WILL get leaks as the line wiggles and the Teflon seal breaks. You will also have to replace the power tube once the treads strip or cracks.

I also seen people run brass out to a 90, drill a hole in your reciever. Voiding your warranty and putting a 45 degree fitting and a QD nipple. These tend to be more successful but are labor intensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic