Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Went pheasant hunting yesterday. . .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Went pheasant hunting yesterday. . .
    Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:14pm
. . . next time I will use a gun.

Edited by Mack - 27 January 2012 at 1:47pm
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:17pm
what happened?
Sent from a phone booth
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:21pm
I hope you at least live in a "road kill law" state and got to keep the meat!
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:21pm
Be glad it wasn't a turkey. 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:22pm
"Pheasant on cracked glass"?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:24pm

Oh somehow I thought you knocked a bird down and it landed on your car but I see you hit it while driving.

Warm soapy water works awsome on dirty cars.  Rinse it with fresh water after ok.

Sent from a phone booth
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:29pm
Well, I didn't see that one coming... (see what I did thar?)
They tremble at my name...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I hope you at least live in a "road kill law" state and got to keep the meat!

There wasn't that much left; just some scraps stuck to the windshield.

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Warm soapy water works awsome on dirty cars.  Rinse it with fresh water after ok.

Give me a break; I got in at midnight from a 570 mile drive that was part of a 20 hour workday.  ( It was an interesting trip, Montana threw everything it had at me; a 40* temperature drop, an ice storm, 50 mph winds, two snow storms, a pheasant, rain, etc. )

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, I didn't see that one coming... (see what I did thar?)

I do see what you did thar . . .  Big smile

. . . and I didn't see it coming.  I was driving into the sunrise while taking a curve and there was a brief shadow* flashing in front of the vehicle and the windshield exploded.  Trying to stay on the road when looking at the sun refracting through the cracks definitely got my heart-rate up.

*Only knew it was a pheasant** from the body parts that were still stuck to the windshield.
**A stealth ninja pheasant based on the fact I didn't see it and it did attack with the sun to its back.

Edited by Mack - 27 January 2012 at 1:56pm
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 2:31pm
Wouldn't have happened if you bought "Merican.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 4:59pm
Well I can't imagine that was a very pheasant mess to clean up...  It sure fowled up your windshield pretty bad.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Wouldn't have happened if you bought "Merican.

While you deserve it for screwing the American working man by buying Japanese, I always thought those Hondas were perhaps one of the worst looking cars around until the Nissan Puke rolled around.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:32pm
I own an Element and agree that they are very ugly.  I only got it because it was a very good deal.  However, the utility of the vehicle combined with the ride, the reliability and the fact that it reminds me of driving a Jeep Wrangler (which I like and have owned quite a few of) would make me ignore the ugly and buy a new one when this one needed replacing if Honda was still making them.

Oh, and they are about 85% U.S. content.

And I do believe that USAF won this thread with his comment.

Edited edition:  Bad puns aside, it did fowl up my glass pretty bad.  It hit hard enough to shatter the inside layer of glass which resulted in me catching a spray of pieces in the face.  I had to pull two small slivers out the left side of my face.  (Nothing serious, just annoying.)

Edited by Mack - 27 January 2012 at 5:34pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

And I do believe that USAF won this thread with his comment.

Yes, yes he did.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Nissan Puke rolled around.

I don't think we can be friends anymore. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 11:20pm
I like the elements. I could care less what they look like.

I also like the Pontiac Aztecs. Uglier than sin, but versatile. But at least you can call it the Heisenberg mobile.

Basically I don't buy a vehicle for looks.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 12:57am
I used to hunt pheasant like you, then I took a guineafowl to the grill.

Damn thing flew away afterwards. Looking at R3000 in damage.

Glad you safe.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:17am
USAF- Nice.

When we drove through Montana, all we hit was about 30 million bugs. Sounded like it was raining.

Birds do a hell of a lot more damage than you'd expect huh? Glad you're okay though.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:39am

I like the elements. I could care less what they look like.

I also like the Pontiac Aztecs. Uglier than sin, but versatile. But at least you can call it the Heisenberg mobile.

One of my 5 year old granddaughters calls it "the spacemobile."  (I blame her dad.)

Basically I don't buy a vehicle for looks.

This.

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I used to hunt pheasant like you, then I took a guineafowl to the grill.

I hit one of those (or something similar--we call them prairie chickens) up here about three years ago with the CRV I was driving at the time.  Went through the grill and took out my AC condenser.  Repair cost was $2 more than the deductible.

Damn thing flew away afterwards. Looking at R3000 in damage.

Glad you safe.

KBK

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

USAF- Nice.

When we drove through Montana, all we hit was about 30 million bugs. Sounded like it was raining.

I've seen two summers (one in Montana and one in South Dakota) where the locusts were so bad on a cross-state trip that traffic actually had to slow down in places because the interstate was slick from the crushed ones.

Birds do a hell of a lot more damage than you'd expect huh? Glad you're okay though.

A big "thank you" to all well-wishers as I am quite happy I am okay as well. 

By the time I managed to get out of the shoulder part of the seat-belt and see around the break I was no longer following the contour of the curve in the road and was instead on the shoulder and headed for a steep drop-off.  The Element's AWD impressed me.  I had let off the gas as soon as the windshield was hit so had slowed a bit but was still moving at a pretty good clip on the gravel shoulder.  When I steered back on course the vehicle just dug in and went where I wanted--the truck tires the previous owner put on it probably helped with that.

Edited by Mack - 28 January 2012 at 11:40am
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:43am
Drive the rest of the way home with it? or get towed out?

Several years ago, a buddy of mine and I were driving home from work in his truck. I had my hand out the window when I heard a "THUNK!" and saw feathers everywhere. I had him pull over, and found that two ruffed grouse had come out of the woods and slammed into the side of the truck, inches from where my hand had been resting- you could see the small dent and chipped paint right next to where my pinkie was. The two birds had broken their necks and were dead on the side of the road. We left them there, though looking back, I don't know why.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 28 January 2012 at 11:43am

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 1:31pm

I  I could care less what they look like.

I will destroy you! AAARRGHH
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic