Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate bumper stickers... But. Ok, I'll rock that!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

That is very cool. Both the decal and the rig.

Why a handycam rig though and not a dedicated sports cam setup?

KBK

I've tried the action cam thing, (I use a contour Roam for my helmet cam) but you can't SEE the hits... Or the paint flying... As they are designed for about 50 feet or closer only. I tried playing and waiting to shoot players until they were that close. It can be done (see my other videos) but it is HARD, and you get shot a TON. So I wanted to play my regular style AND capture my shots on players even out to 300 feet. My eyes can't even see that far so I knew I had to go to a zoom cam.

To film paintball properly you have to have zoom, and tons of image stabilization, as well as the highest resolution (I film in 1080). I play with my gun cam at 4X or 5X all the time. And you have to adjust how you play. A normal player hits a guy, and switches to the next target quickly... With filming while playing you have to shoot the guy, and keep the camera ON him without moving it around. Quite tricky unless you are an experienced cameraman (especially since you have no viewfinder, you are doing this totally based on feel of where you THINK the camera is aiming).

It isn't for everyone, but the added difficulty is really enjoyable for me. I love getting good video shooting my friends! Plus, I am now a youtube provider, so I get paid for each thousand views, and if people click on my ads, I get a piece of that too... Doubt it will ever make me real money, but an extra hundred here or there is fine with me!

I will hit 200,000 views in the next few days, which is shocking to me, since I pretty much only play in my backyard at my private field with my friends, and yet I have subscribers from all over the world watching my stuff. It isn't uncommon for one of my videos to drop and hit 1,000 views in less than a week.
They tremble at my name...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:32pm
All I have to say about the zoomed footage is "Wow!" Getting to see the ball curve like that is pretty damned awesome! Nice set-up. Best gun-cam footage I've ever seen actually.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:30pm
That is very cool. Both the decal and the rig.

Why a handycam rig though and not a dedicated sports cam setup?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

What are you watching in the left background? A hanging?

lol, yeah... Just some of my home movies...

Actually, it was a history channel show on shooting, trying to prove or disprove sniper ability to sharpshoot a rope and save someone from hanging. Pretty cool show. I wish I had a 20,000 frame per second camera... The fun I could have with one of those!
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:02pm
Looks like Blazing Saddles Cess ;)

Very cool FE, your whole rig is pretty impressive. Someday school will turn into a normal job and I'll have time for interesting hobbies
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 11:53am
What are you watching in the left background? A hanging?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 11:36am
It is very light actually, (I haven't weighed it, but I would imagine it is about 3 pounds total additional weight) when I was designing it, one of my goals was that it would be balanced, as I've been playing with it on the right side of my gun, and it pulled that way...

This one is perfect for the way I play (remote coil, so no added weight from a tank).

Here it is just resting on my hand, I'm not holding it at all and it is perfectly balanced!

Here is my ZoomCam in Action if you haven't seen what it can do... This was with my old mounting method, from a few weeks ago at my field.

1:07 is why I wear a neck guard... And 1:40 is for all the guys that say "I HIT YOU... YOU'RE OUT"...

Sometimes our eyes can't see what the HD video camera can. (watch in 720 or 1080, for some reason youtube is messing up lately on uploads and it slo mo's entire videos in different resolutions... weird)

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 25 January 2012 at 11:48am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 11:29am
Nice job! Here in the DC area, that'd get you a failed inspection putting the sticker over the light, but I like how you did it none the less!

How heavy is that Sony camera rig? does it balance out once you've got a tank on the ASA?
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 11:28am
that's actually kind of cool
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 11:21am
So normally I don't like to put anything on the back of my car.

But, I needed to test out this new product we can produce, and I had this idea rattling around in my head.

I finally did it this morning.

And when I hit the brakes.

I finished up my ZoomCam mount two nights ago too, big game this weekend to try it out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic