Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knife Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 1:09pm
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 4:15pm
Granpas from the war, dull as a butter knife.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:43pm
Skillet, had that one in black, HATED it. Then lost it. The safety is the most awkward thing ever.Replaced it with this when I lost it
The Kershaw was actually a replacement for the previous Buck Rush I lost, which had a blade made out of some sort of fancier steel.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:17am
First item I purchased at Cabelas when they opened in town, it was also the first knife I purchased in general. It is know broken.

First knife I purchased when I turned 18, I still carry it quite often.

Knife I bought for fun it was a very cheap blade, something like $12.

Knife I found while fishing, always makes me laugh because it is called the what-a-knife.

This is my daily carrier, it is awesome with the assist open etc.

I love knives, these are just a few that I have in the collection.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 4:08am
My daily is a SOG Powerlock multitool.  The V cutter is really handy for opening things.  I also have a SOG Seal Pup that I take camping.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:03pm
Any suggestions for a knife that I could put on a keyring with a set of keys?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 11:10pm
The CRKT PECK nice little baby knife.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 5:24pm
Hate to bump from the dead, but it seems I really did lose the Covert Folder this time, it's probably tiller chow for the groomers at the ski area (I think I dropped it before turning a snow gun right onto it. This means I'm going to need another folder about the same size. I'd like something with a partially-serrated blade, blade length about 4" and not made by slave labor in some third-world dump. What do you guys think about Tanto-type blades? They seem a bit beefier.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 7:21pm
I dislike Tanto blades because they are a pain to sharpen. I personally like to use a Lansky sharpener to keep a precise angle since I am OCD about sharpening (which I do about once a month, and I want it to be done right). My Kershaw Leek has a near straight blade and makes sharpening and use easy. 

Leeks you can get in Tanto and serrated, but you already hate those. Most people that hate the safety just remove it/torque it open.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 12:24am
EOD Robotics Prybar.

Sharpen the edges up a mite and you've gotten a wicked strong knife that can do what you need it to do and more.

KBK
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 8:57am
So,  http://www.woot.com/ has some Kershaw knives up today for pretty cheap.  I always considered Kershaw to be a solid brand, which is why I'm a little weary of buying a 13.00 blade.  Do they have a cheapo line that's garbage with their name on it?  Is this it?  I am mainly considering the Drone.  
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 10:30am
Kershaw and CRKT are my budget knives. I'll go get one of either brand if I want a new knife without breaking the bank.

Those knives are on the Kershaw website for $40, so that is about a normal WOOT price difference.

KBK
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:03am
From doing a little homework, those are some "entry level" Kershaws made in China. I might buy one as a beater and expect a Gerber+better steel out of it.

For $30, you can get a Leek, which is a much better knife.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:23am
^Agreed, get a leek. I've bought 2 of them for friends, and they both love them.

Also: I'm not a huge fan of tanto blades. They're really intent for combat knives more than for practical use. You can stab the hell out of something with less worries than you could a drop point, but it's much harder to use a tanto blade for precise cutting, imo.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:43am
Kershaw also sells blemish knives. They will have 4 X's on the blade.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 12:51pm
Icruise around with a magenta colored plastic butter knife or a meaty cleaver depending on my mood.
Sent from a phone booth
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:31pm
We need some more picts of these knives after a few years of use/abuse. Like Johnnycanuck and Deadeye's blades.

Here is my cheap Gerber bought from Target for $10.99. Hey....it ain't pretty but it works.

Edited by Ceesman762 - 20 February 2012 at 2:47pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:49pm
I broke my last pocket knife back in August ish.  I was using it to chop down a small tree.  I made it most of the way through, then the blade snapped in half.  
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

I broke my last pocket knife back in August ish.  I was using it to chop down a small tree.  I made it most of the way through, then the blade snapped in half.  

A good excuse reason to get a new one.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 8:15pm
The woot knives are 20 bucks on amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic