Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PAINTED 98 CUSTOM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PAINTED 98 CUSTOM
    Posted: 22 January 2012 at 11:32pm

Some of you might have seen the Tippmann 98 Custom that I painted a red tiger stripe camo on...  I decided to paint it with a camo that matched the surroundings of where we played. ( Probally should have done that the 1st time I painted it xD) I took the entire gun apart before I painted it and put painters tape over the Tippmann 98 Custom badges.

Before ^^
Those are the recievers when i got done painting it... ^^^
This is a pic of it  when it was all finished and put back together ^^
Heres a better picture xD
I still have to a little bit of painting around the badges to do but other than that its finished!
Tell me what you think! LOL
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
bc5rm125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc5rm125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 9:51pm
Looks really good, how did you keep the letters from gettin paint all over them mine always blead through and gunked up on them. I tried once but mine looked like somebody crapped on my gun so I had to sand the whole thing down to it's original and just paint it flat black again. O ya I saw the apex, hows it doin for you cause I just picked up an 18 in. yesterday but when I took it out to shoot it it shot like crap, all the parts were good and I cleaned it but I couldn't get any consistancy out of it and it had almost no flatline affect until 7, just wondering if you had the same problems or anything like it. It might have been from the paint I was using, Is JT intermediate alright, I just saw it at walmart and it looked alright plus I didn't have much money so I just picked some up. Any help is appreciated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 7:39am
Originally posted by bc5rm125 bc5rm125 wrote:

Looks really good, how did you keep the letters from gettin paint all over them mine always blead through and gunked up on them. I tried once but mine looked like somebody crapped on my gun so I had to sand the whole thing down to it's original and just paint it flat black again. O ya I saw the apex, hows it doin for you cause I just picked up an 18 in. yesterday but when I took it out to shoot it it shot like crap, all the parts were good and I cleaned it but I couldn't get any consistancy out of it and it had almost no flatline affect until 7, just wondering if you had the same problems or anything like it. It might have been from the paint I was using, Is JT intermediate alright, I just saw it at walmart and it looked alright plus I didn't have much money so I just picked some up. Any help is appreciated.
I used blue painters tape... It's made for painting. Is that what your using? The apex 2 barrel I have is pretty good, I honestly don't use it for the drop shots and stuff. I'm thinking it's your paint cause jt paint really isn't good. How old is it? And make sure velocity isn't to high I've chopped paint in it for being to high.
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
bc5rm125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bc5rm125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 4:30pm
I was just usin ductape cause I didn't want to wait since I didn't have any good tape. I picked up some draxxus and turned my velocity down now it works alot better plus alot less breaks, thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by bc5rm125 bc5rm125 wrote:

I was just usin ductape cause I didn't want to wait since I didn't have any good tape. I picked up some draxxus and turned my velocity down now it works alot better plus alot less breaks, thanks.

Welcome :)
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic