Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dear Republicans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dear Republicans
    Posted: 19 January 2012 at 4:18am
Your list of complaints against Romney-

-Capitalist

-Pays low taxes

-Gives too much to church

-Supports equality for gays

-Is successful in his business ventures

I really don't know how this happened. Between Perry and Gingrich "calling him out" on his venture capitalism to conservatives demanding his tax records, I can't decide if the Republicans are trying to self destruct or if they're just way dumber than I give them credit for.

Romney has faults. His morality tends to bend for campaigning and he supported an assault weapons ban in his state. But why oh why are they criticizing him for being a freaking capitalist who gives to church? Am I missing something? His tax rate is legal for his profession, if my understanding serves me. Do they not realize this?

It seems like the right has become whiney foot stompers who, upon not getting their way, stone wall political process. And before it's thrown out there, yes I realize Dems have done the same thing, but that's a piss poor excuse for the sheer immaturity being exhibited in this run.

Also, yes I've been a Romney supporter, but really this transcends the party rejecting "my candidate", it's a sense that the party I've supported since I was a kid has drifted so far out of the mainstream and seems very proud of that fact. At this point, even when / if Romney gets the nomination, they've done nothing but tear themselves down to the point where they're mocking stereotypes of themselves. I never thought I'd see the day when Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry criticize someone for being rich and not paying their fair share

Edited by stratoaxe - 19 January 2012 at 4:49pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 4:20am
Also, I typed that from my iPhone hence the terrible spelling / grammar.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 7:44am
Because Republicans.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 10:30am
At this point I'd vote ANYONE but Obama...

Gotta get Reid out too, and Holder. The country can't afford 4 more years of "change"...
They tremble at my name...
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 10:48am

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Because Republicans.

And the fruit basket necks on the other side of the isle are better?

-+=*^%QB@m@++--+-+++->< goes 4 more years delivering many many shovel-ready jobs

Sent from a phone booth
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 10:52am
This thread will turn out well.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 12:07pm
There are plenty things the Republican party can attack Romney for, but the class warfare has to go. Newt was campaigning like a Democrat.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I really don't know how this happened.

Yeah, I'm pretty much baffled as well. When I saw the news yesterday about criticism of his business practices and calls to show his tax returns, I was thinking it was coming from early hitting Democrats. 

Nope. Republicans. 

What? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 1:42pm
I'm, thinking the other candidates know they're boned, and are seeing how Romney can handle leftist attacks, many of these are really softballs setting him up for a campaign of defending the free market. Romney can use attacks about his health-care plan to support state's rights an a conservative interpretation of the reserved powers, while still appearing compassionate. He can defend making a profit while highlighting the Federal Gov't role in providing transparency and keeping the playing field level for competition. Theater plain and simple. The only sense I can make out of the Gingrich ads was that they were trying to brand Romney as a corporate looter (nod to Ayn Rand and her picture of a "bad" capitalist) but it really does look like they're setting him up to hit the easy stuff, negative attention is still attention, and if it's half-arsed negativity it has little impact but to make him look good. I live in a state this guy governed, it'd be a mistake to think he's just a vanilla dude with greasy hair. He's a smooth political operator and very organized, and more than open to public opinion deciding things as long as it fits in the framework of what he considers  appropriate for that level of government. Even on the AWB in our state, the US Supreme court has left the door open for local restrictions, so by the book, he isn't wrong.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I'm, thinking the other candidates know they're boned, and are seeing how Romney can handle leftist attacks, many of these are really softballs setting him up for a campaign of defending the free market.

I'd like to believe that to be true, but I think it's giving too much credit to the willingness of Romney's competitors to help him out Wink

As far as his "vulture capitalism" ventures, Obama's recent appointment of a Bain alumni should offset any arguments in that area nicely.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

At this point I'd vote ANYONE but Obama...

This is the sane reaction of someone who supports their party. It's kind of the reaction I was hoping would trickle down the Republican ranks rather than "I'll stay at home rather than vote for Romney." Personally, if Obama is as dangerous as the GOP has made him out to be, the desire among some of them to see Romney fail would be nothing less than destructive to the nation. It's mind numbing, really.

Besides, it's not like they put up Hillary Clinton's evil twin sister here...I think there's just a ton of petty rivalry going on in this situation.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 5:19pm
I've always vehemently opposed third party votes. But, I can't see myself voting for Mitt. Four more years of Obama or 8 years of Mitt? Tough call. I'll just keep voting for republican congressman in the meantime.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I've always vehemently opposed third party votes. But, I can't see myself voting for Mitt. Four more years of Obama or 8 years of Mitt? Tough call. I'll just keep voting for republican congressman in the meantime.

As far as I'm concerned, today's Republican party is a third-party made up of snake oil salesmen and religious zealots. True Republicans (the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower, and Reagan) are the wandering souls now referred to as "the moderate swing vote."
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 11:48pm
My will to live can't handle Santorum.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 1:07am
The GOP will tear each other apart, while Paul trudges along.

It must be nice when you don't have skeletons in the closet, and have a solid voting record.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 8:47am
Ron Paul has that huge race issue from his newsletter...

Everyone has to remember Jesus isn't running for President. No man is perfect, if you put your trust in man, he will always disappoint you. We have to put our trust in God, as HE is the only one who is perfect, everyone else is flawed.

With the way the liberal media has been doing their best to promote Romney while destroying everyone else, I have ignored the last 4 debates... But, after I heard how good the Fox debate was, I thought I would give CNN a chance to prove they aren't the typical cheerleading liberal media that focuses on internet rumors and "some say" as their basis for attacks on conservatives, while they ignore the massive 'some say' and internet rumors on the candidates they like...

Then the Presidential debate started with this amazing piece of "we just proved your media bias to the whole world"...

The same media that ignored father flager, bill ayers, monica lewinski, solyndra, fast and furious, 90 golf trips, and michelle who leaves 4 hours ahead of her husband at massive costs to the country for their globetrotting vacations! (with the exception of a few reporters).

It was just amazing.

I'm a big Rick fan, but the way he went after Newt, wasn't smart... One time, I get, but to go back again, and again... Not smart. It only pits the newt vs rick fans on edge, and forces them to choose between the two of them, and ignores the paul fans, and the Mitt fans are also left out... You don't pick up votes from the Mitt and Paul fans by bashing newt... (an easy target, with his clear woman issues).

I like newts intelligence, and I would PAY to see a newt v obama debate, (but Obama would NEVER let that happen).

I liked Paul best in the debate, and think he won.

I will vote for Rick if it gets to a choice in Ohio. Although if newt is winning, I may switch to him. My last choice is romney, but anyone on that stage would be better than Obama.

Biggest thing is, we have to get the Senate back, or nothing matters.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 9:14am
A real liberal news network would not promote Romney, their love of Obama would get in the way. Get it together, CNN.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 9:52am
I will be voting for Mitt Romney, that handsome devil.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 10:07am
I dunno FE, I seem to remember there was a s**t ton of media coverage concerning the Lewinsky scandal. I do think it's interesting that you bring that up since you know, the main mudslinger in that issue was... Oh... what was that guy's name..... Speaker of the House at the time.... wait..... wasn't HE having an affair the entire time he was pressing the issue of the infamous Lewinsky BJs? Oh, right, he WAS. It's not the fact that he was cheating on his wife FOR 6 YEARS, but rather that he was being a massive hypocrite about it and now expects everyone to forget that he was talking out his ass the entire time he was going after Clinton for the Lewinsky affair. If you can't trust him to be honest, truthful, and stalwart in Congress, what makes you think he would be in the oval office? And I'm not talking about in his personal relationships, but in the matter that he was persecuting someone for the exact same thing he was doing AT THE SAME TIME!

But you're right. No one is perfect, I'd even argue that God Almighty isn't even perfect. Which is what makes you just as big a hypocrite as Newt in your own attempt to castigate Obama. Also, the whole "media conspiracy" thing you've been on your soap box about over the past four years is old and played out. It made Gingrich sound pathetic to anyone with half a brain. That's not to say that the media doesn't choose what stories should get more coverage (SOPA/PIPA is a prime example) but the vast illuminati-like "conspiracy" which bombastic hypocrites are touting is just, well, sad.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 10:33am

How old were you when the lewinsky thing was going on?...

I'm sure you were paying attention. lol.

Bill was already a well known womanizer with women accusing him of things way before the election, and the media carried his water and kept it all quiet. Lewinsky became a big story BECAUSE OF DRUDGE... That is the only thing that got it in the press, as they HAD to cover it then once the egg was on their faces after being outed by a guy in his PJ's online with a little one page web page!

Everyone is a hypocrit in some way or another, but when a person has a problem with hypocrisy in others it is usually because they are a hypocrit themselves and they hate themselves for it... So they call that trait out in others.

That is basic psychology.

Newt is really smart, and can pull accurate facts and figures and stories out of his huge base of knowledge that would make him very interesting to debate Obama... Who would have to get a few more teleprompters to help him out of the mess it would create.

Does that make him a good leader, being able to debate?... Probably not.

But, without the senate being taken from Reid, none of it matters anyway. The problem I have with republicans is they are the charlie browns of politics.

They think the media will let them kick the football, so they get teed up and EVERY time end up on their back looking like a fool.

Until they get it through their head that the main stream media hates them and wants them to fail (while they vote democratic in EVERY election) they will continue to look like fools.

Newt is the only one on that stage that seems to get that point, and call them out on it...

Which is refreshing to see.

If you really think the media isn't completely biased, then you need to add newsbusters to your daily reading... A few weeks of that and you will change your tune. I took journalism classes in college, and took media ethics classes... I see the rules broken daily by the major networks in the way they ask questions, ignore citing sources, and using editing/camera angles to project a certain viewpoint. Just because you buy in, and don't realize you are being manipulated, doesn't mean it isn't happening to you!

So, we just heard that The DOJ is pleading the fifth on the fast and furious issue... Will it be on the front page of the major news?...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 20 January 2012 at 11:19am
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 11:23am

Bill can bang out a garbage can for all I care but can he address the people that provide his paycheck with truth?

Why do intelligent people fall for the sensationalized garbage?

they all lie mkay

Edited by Lightningbolt - 20 January 2012 at 11:23am
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic