Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beef jerky?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beef jerky?
    Posted: 09 January 2012 at 11:14pm
Okay my uncle told me that if you get the little packets that absorb moisture in the beef jerky bags and tape them to you mask... They keep your mask from fogging up. Is that true? xD
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:51am
No.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 10:03am
LOL, never thought to try it. I know mask fans work though. Try ebay and look for "fanz". There is a company out of Canada that makes a fan kit. They work well.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Rubbr Chickin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubbr Chickin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

LOL, never thought to try it. I know mask fans work though. Try ebay and look for "fanz". There is a company out of Canada that makes a fan kit. They work well.

You could also try doing it yourself too, you can buy fans really cheap on eBay. I know I've been trying to think of a way to do a few fans too my mask that I pulled out of my broken projector and from a bunch of cheap laptop fan bases that got for a few bucks.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 10:30am

My brother did his own and ended up spending more money that what I did on the premade kit. The guys that do the fan kits buy the fans in bulk and get a pretty decent discount, and it came with a battery box with an on/off switch, velcro to attach it to the mask, wire ties etc. And the wires were shrink wrapped. You would be hard pressed to get all the supplies and do it for less unless you were buying the fans in 100pcs quantities.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 3:01pm
I have a fan on my proto mask, and I find it to be useless. The one made by Proto, too. All it does is deafen me a bit while paintballing. Invest in a good double lens mask and replace the lens every year or so. Easiest thing to do.
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:12pm
Alrighty xD
Tippmann 98C Platinum
Apex 2
Cyclone feed system
Tapco folding stock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic