FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my A5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:35pm

We could never specifically figure out why the powertube did not work. We thought it might have had something to do with the fact that it was cold, I was using CO2 and trying to RT the marker and possibly the combination of those was causing the metal to contract enough to cause the bolt O-ring to seal too tight and not allow the marker to recock properly. Either way, the marker did not work with the aftermarket PT and Bolt in, and did work with the stock one. Myself and a certified Tippmann tech both tried to make it work and couldn't. I checked the ID of both and they were within .005 of each other. OD was very close as well, so I couldnt blame it on machining issues. I even tried installing a stiffer spring to see if it would help and it caused further issues IIRC. It truly wasnt worth the effort.

P.S. I envy the fact that you have machining skills.... really. Clap

Edited by oldpbnoob - 30 January 2012 at 2:37pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic