Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NYE/Hogmanay plans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NYE/Hogmanay plans?
    Posted: 30 December 2011 at 12:33pm
I'm surprised their isn't already a thread on this but there you go. If I'm honest I've just assumed there wasn't one and done it anyway.

I think mine will be a pretty standard booze induced dignitectomy. Me and about 30 of our mates are going to a street party in Ashton lane in Glasgow's west end. It's one of the more affluent and classier spots so we'll be turning up in force to lower the tone a bit. However we get kicked out at 1am so after that I don't know wat to do but we'll figure something out I'm sure.

So what are you idiots doing for the bells?

Beer

Edited by scotchyscotch - 30 December 2011 at 12:41pm
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 12:42pm
I have a wedding to go to.  Which means open bar.  
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 2:07pm
Headed to the wife's family very shortly. It's sort of become a NYE tradition that we go ice skating with her brother and his wife. Then its back to their house for booze, food, and making fun of Dick Clark.

For the record, its the ONE time a year that I ice skate, so its a fairly embarrassing experience. 

GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 2:30pm
hitting the downtown. gonna be packed, i'm sure.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 3:20pm
Probably gonna go downtown, but thanks to my newfound sobriety, probably just talk to people and enjoy the scenery.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 3:30pm
I don't think I even have 30 "mates," let alone ones I'd bother coordinating a group outing with.

I think we're gonna head down to the coast and go to the beach bars.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 3:36pm
Stayin home. Don't need to be involved with any of that chaos.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I don't think I even have 30 "mates," let alone ones I'd bother coordinating a group outing with.

Same here.  Last time I counted I only had 8.  Of course, 3 of them were at the same time on this beach I went to.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 4:49pm
asleep before midnight.  Generally I would be cracking wheelies in 3 foot of snow but not this year.  
Sent from a phone booth
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 10:12pm
My buddy has two kegs, $10 all you can drink. Going to hang with friends, don't really care beyond that.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:46am
I'll probably do nothing.  Going shooting earlier in the day, then doing nothing.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:52am
Goin to a dorm party down the hall, probably nothing too crazy.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 3:32am
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Same here. †Last time I counted I only had 8. †Of course, 3 of them were at the same time on this beach I went to.

Yeah, this.

Honestly, I can't picture myself in a group of thirty people, and I consider myself pretty good at handling social situations. I can't focus attention on more than 3 or 4 people at a time, anything more than that becomes a coordinated group event and that sounds suspiciously alot like work.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 3:37am
Looking up "Hogmanay"
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 6:20am
Going to bed early, have to be in the tower by 6am tomorrow.

A shucks. Least I got Xmas off.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 9:50am
Seriously. Why go out in a group of 30? lol

But on that note. Just going over a friends house if I am out of work at a reasonable time
Que pasa?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:11am
We were going to go over to a friend's house and hang out with a bunch of Ruskies and Latvians, but the wife came down with a URI yesterday, so she's not feeling it right now. Her coughing and sneezing kept me up half the night anyway, so I don't feel like going out either.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:13pm
update; the wife is forcing me to drink a bottle of champagne with her and neither of us drink =)
Sent from a phone booth
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:17pm
Why not go out in a big group? It will naturally form into smaller groups who can look after eachother if need be meaning that iys no hassle, just more friendly faces and their hot friends. its a street party so there will be hundreds of strangers as well.

Slanj!
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:46pm
Going to a friend's house party. Should be a good night of BYOB.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic