Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some things just won't change...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some things just won't change...
    Posted: 28 December 2011 at 4:57am
I will always be the tackiest person you e-know.

Read: I got a nice, high-end bowler!

This hat would go GREAT with a sword cane, I'm pretty sure...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 1:54pm

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 1:55pm
You look like Jack White with that on.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 1:57pm
Alex the Droog???? Where is your phony Eye lash??
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 2:05pm
^^^ That's what I was thinking as well.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 5:16pm
Check out the file name of the pic in the OP, Clockwork Orange fellows.

Also:

When I get a hat, I own up to it!

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 5:19pm
You are women repellent

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 8:37pm
Why u gotta h8? Lemme axe you this: what would it take to successfully pull off a bowler? In relatively casual wear.

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 9:06pm
Lambchops and a p-coat. Full suit is optional.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 28 December 2011 at 9:07pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 9:13pm
Meh. Facial hair is out. If you can't tell from the pic, wiry goat stubble is the best I can muster. I'm about to lop that off. I do like pea coats, but I'm leaning more towards Western, methinks. I am Texan.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Why u gotta h8? Lemme axe you this: what would it take to successfully pull off a bowler? In relatively casual wear.

In casual wear? A time machine. DO NOT DO IT otherwise. Don't be one of those clowns that just ruins a good thing. The fedora is a beautiful hat, but guys like the picture up higher have just ruined them. Wearing them with ugly short sleeve button ups, khakis and skechers...

You'll have to be a very dapper gentleman in a rather nice suit, attending something befitting of the attire in order to pull off the bowler. Doing it casually you might as well just spraypaint "awkward" on your chest and wear that instead.

Seriously, don't do it, for mankind everywhere.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:15pm
Point accepted. I believe I have the ability to clean up nicely, so I suppose I can keep it to formal if necessary. That said, I like high quality hats, so would you be able to recommend I hat I could actually wear on the town? I'd be willing to dress to meet it, but I would like to keep it reasonably casual.

Edited by DeTrevni - 28 December 2011 at 10:17pm

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:27pm
A good newsboy cap would be my suggestion. I have a couple friends with them and they're quite nice/ look good, even casually (provided you're not a total neckbeard when casual)
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

DO NOT DO IT otherwise. . . Doing it casually you might as well just spraypaint "awkward" on your chest and wear that instead.

Seriously, don't do it, for mankind everywhere.

Or do what makes you happy, even if it makes you look like a dork. 

I think my way's a bit more mentally healthy, even if it can be, as I put it in the chatroom, a lady repellent. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:46pm
So I take it I was the subject of conversation in chat? Good, then I'm doing my job. Look, here's the thing, I have a desire to do what I want, world be damned. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought a bowler. However, I tend to let other people's opinions affect me too much. I'm trying to break away from that. I think I will use this hat as a social litmus test. If you are somehow put off by my hat, then I'd rather not have anything to do with you. Sure, quirky people can be socially awkward, but isn't that really the point? I tend to find normalcy boring. So go ahead, wear a bowler with a T-shirt. Why not?

Edited by DeTrevni - 28 December 2011 at 10:48pm

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 10:50pm
Double post! My God I'm flakey. Only I can turn a hat into an identity crisis...

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:05pm
Since the conversation turned serious...

I'd say wear what you want, but I tend to agree with Choop. Fedoras were part of an era where men prided themselves in dressing fancy and if you wear it out of context it just doesn't work.

This isn't a matter of looks, you look better dressed nice regardless. It's just that the clash inspires dissonance...like wearing a pair of dress slacks with an old AC DC shirt. Or wearing a hippie bandana with a tuxedo. Or a backwards cap with anything.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

It's just that the clash inspires dissonance...

I have a habit of supporting dissonance, though. 

I teach in slacks, shirt/tie, and either checkboard Vans or fluorescent-orange Nike high tops. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:26pm
Well, I am starting to wonder who I need to impress. I have a good job that makes good money, I play guitar, I have several motorcycles, I enjoy going out and doing things, I longboard and play paintball. If you think I'm awkward or no fun, and won't take the time to say hi because my hat is out of place, sucks for you. Yeah, I think I like my hat.

DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:30pm
If there was an anti **edited** magnet, you'd be it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic