Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some things just won't change...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

DO NOT DO IT otherwise. . . Doing it casually you might as well just spraypaint "awkward" on your chest and wear that instead.

Seriously, don't do it, for mankind everywhere.

Or do what makes you happy, even if it makes you look like a dork. 

Then don't ask other people for advice, because you look like a dork and they will tell you. If you don't care, then don't care.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:40pm

Then don't ask other people for advice,

My advice was for him to wear what makes him happy. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:41pm

DO NOT DO IT otherwise. . . Doing it casually you might as well just spraypaint "awkward" on your chest and wear that instead.

Then don't ask other people for advice, because you look like a dork and they will tell you. If you don't care, then don't care.

I didn't. It was a thread about my new hat. Then came self doubt for a bit, and THAT'S when I asked for advice. Then I remembered I have a bowler and no longer cared. So giggity.

Edited by DeTrevni - 29 December 2011 at 5:59am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:42pm
Step 1: Trade the Bowler in for a Top Hat.
Step 2: Cut the Top Hat lid halfway off.
Step 3: Stand at freeway offramp.
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: Profit
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2011 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

Why DID cartoon bums always have a top hat with the lid peeled back like it was opened with a can opener? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 12:02am
All I know is the America's first lovable tramp had a bowler...

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 12:05am

This brings up an interesting conversation I was having with a friend a few weeks ago. The basic idea of it was that nobody truly doesn't care what people think, otherwise we'd all just walk around in our pajamas.

That brought me to the realization that I spend a disturbing amount of time dressing like a slob as opposed to the raging metrosexual I was a couple of years ago. Getting older sucks.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 12:14am
Eh. I agree. Saying "I don't care" is incorrect. I guess now I'm trying to prove a point, and that by itself implies that I care. I still maintain that if you think less of me as an individual based off a goofy hat, than I really don't want to associate with you. Of course, that means I'm dressing for others with a similar mentality, so in the end it all means the same thing. Which is fairly ironic...

Edited by DeTrevni - 29 December 2011 at 6:00am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 12:29am

Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

Why DID cartoon bums always have a top hat with the lid peeled back like it was opened with a can opener? 

I assumed it was because they were found objects, so they had been discarded by the original owner, while still fit for the hobo lifestyle.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 3:27am
I still think its a pretty sweet hat. Smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I still think its a pretty sweet hat. Smile

The hat isn't up for debate, it's the wearer and the attire/ situation the sweet hat fits best with.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 4:53am
Eh. I still maintain that I can find a way to make the hat look decent with a semi-casual outfit. But if not, I like the hat enough to not particularly care, and quite like the idea of a social litmus test.

As for making it work, from Wiki:

"The bowler, not the cowboy hat or sombrero, was the most popular hat in the American West, prompting Lucius Beebe to call it 'the hat that won the West.'[7] Both cowboys and railroad workers preferred the hat because it wouldn't blow off easily in strong wind, or when sticking one's head out the window of a speeding train. It was worn by both lawmen and outlaws, including Bat MastersonButch Cassidy,Black Bart, and Billy the Kid. It is in America the hat came to be commonly known as the 'Derby.'"

Given the amount of people who wear Western garb here (Texas...), complete with cowboy hat, I don't see why I couldn't theoretically do the same with a bowler. I know social norms have changed, but I find it amusing that what is considered a dress hat these days was originally a working man's hat.

BRINGING IT BACK, BABY.

little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:18am

That hat would look killer with a 3 piece suit.  I'd only bust it out w. a 3 piece suit. Keep it fresh and classy.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 9:25am

The only way I can really picture pulling that hat off is by going all of the way with a nice long sleeve dress shirt with a garter on your bicep, a pin stripe suit vest and dress pants to go with.  Handlebar mustache is optional.

And at that point I would begin to refer to you as "Clint Yeastwood"

Edited by Lightningbolt - 29 December 2011 at 9:27am
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

That hat would look killer with a 3 piece suit.  I'd only bust it out w. a 3 piece suit. Keep it fresh and classy.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 6:56pm
I was going to argue for a cowboy hat since you are a Texan.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2011 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Why u gotta h8? Lemme axe you this: what would it take to successfully pull off a bowler? In relatively casual wear.

A circular filing cabinet.

Edit: I feel kinda bad. Invest in a bomber (or as I call it, "Commie") hat. I have a red/black one that I feel is awesome. I dont care what people think, most approve.

Edited by SSOK - 29 December 2011 at 11:55pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 12:04am
Okay, what if I kept this one as my nice dress hat, and got a brown derby for casual wear? Better?

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 8:17am

We were at the mall yesterday to make a return at radio shack and this kid wearing jeans, a t shirt, tennis shoes and a tall top hat.  It was bizarre.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 30 December 2011 at 8:19am
Sent from a phone booth
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 3:49am
The only time you can wear a fedora with a short sleeve button down is if you're in a ska band.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic