Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some things just won't change...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

The only time you can wear a fedora with a short sleeve button down is if you're in a ska band.

Truth.

I can't stand not wearing a hat. It drives me nuts so when I am dressing up I usually wear one of these:

Should be noted that my dressing up is just Khakis, and a sweater. Sometimes a dress shirt under the sweater. I don't wear suits.

Edited by jmac3 - 31 December 2011 at 10:10am
Que pasa?

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:25am
I'm just going to throw this out there, but people who say "don't worry about what anyone else thinks" are lying to themselves. Humans are pack animals. It's fine to say you don't want to be a part of up to date trends or whatever, but everyone needs people around them. That's why there are so many jokes about non-comformists just conforming to a different group. It's human nature.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

but everyone needs people around them.  

Nope.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

The only time you can wear a fedora with a short sleeve button down is if you're in a ska band.

Truth.

I can't stand not wearing a hat. It drives me nuts so when I am dressing up I usually wear one of these:

Should be noted that my dressing up is just Khakis, and a sweater. Sometimes a dress shirt under the sweater. I don't wear suits.

A guy once told me to never mess with a guy that drives a Jeep because they're crazy.  Same thing goes for guys that wear these hats.  Every last one of them has mad boxing skills

Sent from a phone booth
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 10:56pm

T&O...

T&O never changes...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 11:11pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Point accepted. I believe I have the ability to clean up nicely, so I suppose I can keep it to formal if necessary. That said, I like high quality hats, so would you be able to recommend I hat I could actually wear on the town? I'd be willing to dress to meet it, but I would like to keep it reasonably casual.

Sorry, but if you live in a time period AFTER the Kennedy inauguration you should not be wearing a hat to look dapper.

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 11:38pm
Holy crap its BB
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 2:04am
Firstly, wazzup?

Secondly, I like hats. That's enough for me.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 9:51pm

Not much; finally going to finish my undergrad this year, still makin photos, drivin a busted '87 Benz 300D because a broken merc is cooler than a working toyota, listening to a lot of grime and dub.

Full disclosure: I bought a brown felt fedora right before going to college for the first time, I would rank that, and the wearing of it, as one of the worst decisions I have ever made.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Not much; finally going to finish my undergrad this year, still makin photos, drivin a busted '87 Benz 300D because a broken merc is cooler than a working toyota, listening to a lot of grime and dub.

Full disclosure: I bought a brown felt fedora right before going to college for the first time, I would rank that, and the wearing of it, as one of the worst decisions I have ever made.

I'm glad you recognized your mistake, you're a better person for it. Welcome back man.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 2:33am
I wear a Panama hat in the summer to keep the top of my head from turning bright red.

The wife says when I throw the sunglasses on with it I look like I'd be at home on a southern plantation.

However, since I shaved off the goatee* and just kept the mustache I have to admit that I look more like a corrupt southern cop in a bad '70s made for TV movie.**

*Darn trimmer guard fell apart in mid-trim and I had to start the beard over.
**Think Rosco P. Coltrane meets Burt Reynolds by way of Yul Brenner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic