Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First gay couple gets Navy's "First Kiss."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 11:06am
So what's the difference between sensationalizing a homosexual kiss and a front page article going into depth about how I got my heterosexual beef smoked last night?
Sent from a phone booth
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by SpamBot SpamBot wrote:

Originally posted by wrote:

You have to say it three times into a mirror at midnight over a
freshly sacrificed homeless person who has been unemployed for no less
than three years.

I agree with you, thanks!

Quoted for posterity

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

So what's the difference between sensationalizing a homosexual kiss and a front page article going into depth about how I got my heterosexual beef smoked last night?

Just a guess, but... The anatomy involved?

Edited by usafpilot07 - 16 January 2012 at 11:26am
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 12:30pm

The difference would be the societal and legal differences between kissing and oral sex. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 12:39pm
My point is "who cares".   
Sent from a phone booth
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 12:52pm

My point is "who cares".   

Most likely those who either fall into the demographic that was previously excluded from military service, or who sympathise with their cause.  
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 2:26pm

Because while acknowledged practising heterosexuals have been de facto excluded form the U.S. navy for decades, practicing and acknowledged homosexuals have been excluded de jure.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:14pm

The story about the homosexual kiss would be based on fact.  Big smile

Edited by Mack - 16 January 2012 at 3:14pm
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:28pm
I do see your point lightningbolt and have probably shared similar sentiments. I think sensationalising is a bit strong. it is a major landmark for gay rights. I mean this is the navy, an institution that although quite famously gay had to hide it through fear of losing their jobs and those cute wee uniforms. Going from "no gaze allowed" to "don't ask don't tell" to this is massive.

I generally feel that in a lot of cases promoting being gay and celebration of this lifestyle choice is a bit counter productive. I think that in the majority of cases we as a society are past the "eeeww" or "its a danged abomination" etc The old argument being well where's our parade? This is something that to an extent I agree with. Equality is not getting a parade depending on what itches your britches but as usual I don't really care. Those fellas on those floats look happy and I can't really be arsed going against that for no gain to myself.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

The story about the homosexual kiss would be based on fact.  Big smile

BOOM!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 4:16pm

lol.  I'm going to make a parallel and it may only make sense to me but if it's the case than so be it.

I switched my degree to ASL.  $30 an hour and placement within a week of graduation.  

The Deaf community does not want to be treated with any preferential treatment yet when a Deaf person enters a room you're supposed to cease any verbal communication as a sign of respect.  Supposedly because they feel like you may be talking about them.

So if that's the case Deaf people should cease signing because non-Deaf people might feel that they are talking about them.  Where does the madness end?

Both cases just have some strange "play both sides of the coin"/"entitlement feel" to me.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 16 January 2012 at 5:42pm
Sent from a phone booth
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I do see your point lightningbolt and have probably shared similar sentiments. I think sensationalising is a bit strong. it is a major landmark for gay rights. I mean this is the navy, an institution that although quite famously gay had to hide it through fear of losing their jobs and those cute wee uniforms. Going from "no gaze allowed" to "don't ask don't tell" to this is massive.

I generally feel that in a lot of cases promoting being gay and celebration of this lifestyle choice is a bit counter productive. I think that in the majority of cases we as a society are past the "eeeww" or "its a danged abomination" etc The old argument being well where's our parade? This is something that to an extent I agree with. Equality is not getting a parade depending on what itches your britches but as usual I don't really care. Those fellas on those floats look happy and I can't really be arsed going against that for no gain to myself.

They aren't "given a parade", they throw one for themselves.  No one is stopping you from throwing your own parade for whatever you see fit, you just have to organize it.  There isn't some almighty parade giving authority.

Edited by GroupB - 16 January 2012 at 4:33pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

They aren't "given a parade", they throw one for themselves.  No one is stopping you from throwing your own parade for whatever you see fit.  

but why do I have to throw confetti? 

Sent from a phone booth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 5:00pm
Im not sure if I've come across how I meant to there. I dont think I mentioned anyone being "given a parade"

I have zero problem with gay people. As a result I don't see the need for parades etc for imo a small part of someones existence. I think it could be counter productive to the equality cause by setting the gay community aside from the rest of the world. As I said before though they seem happy doing what they're doing so it's no issue of mine.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by GroupB GroupB wrote:

They aren't "given a parade", they throw one for themselves.  No one is stopping you from throwing your own parade for whatever you see fit.  

Because throwing rocks/bottles is just rude . . . and will get you arrested.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 7:12pm

Throwing Jazz hands is also acceptable if you prefer.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 7:19pm
Throwing caution to the wind is also acceptable as well as some sorts of "catching".
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2012 at 3:22pm

Im not sure if I've come across how I meant to there. I dont think I mentioned anyone being "given a parade"

I have zero problem with gay people. As a result I don't see the need for parades etc for imo a small part of someones existence. I think it could be counter productive to the equality cause by setting the gay community aside from the rest of the world. As I said before though they seem happy doing what they're doing so it's no issue of mine.
The old argument being well where's our parade? This is something that to an extent I agree with. Equality is not getting a parade depending on what itches your britches

that is the part i was commenting on.  It's entirely possible thatyour intended meaning was lost in translation/the sauce.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic