FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buy a Glock 19 NOOB!!<elebenty>

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy a Glock 19 NOOB!!<elebenty>
    Posted: 01 December 2011 at 2:11am
Well besides some new non adjustable, metal sights my Glock 26 is finally where I want it.

I should have just bought a Glock 19 to start with. Our current gun laws and the R/$ exchange rates means a new Glock 19 is about $1400. No thanks.

Basically I am in love with kydex. The holster with light is smaller, offers better retention and snugs the body better than the leather rig I was carrying in.

It is a custom kydex holster made by my kydex guy. It is probably a blatant rip off of the Raven series, but hey. No 18 months waiting list, not ITAR issues, and no sending my weapon to and from the States.

The holster needs some relief by the grip/trigger guard interface as it isn't as easy to grip as my previous holster. But that is fine. Some light sanding will sort it out.

Light is a Streamlight TLR-3. Not the brightest light ever, and it lacks a DG switch for true one handed operation. But it's better than not having a light at all.

Next on the list, pricing a Crimson Trace Light Guard... and a new holster.....

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 01 December 2011 at 2:16am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 12:11pm
Looks similar in size to my 36.

And $1400, holy cow. Here in Texas they go for around 400 bucks
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 8:48am
How do you hold your weapon to need stippling that far up?  I'm just curious, as I never really pay attention to where my hands rest, I just sort of point my offhand thumb forward on the receiver, helps me get my point of aim down faster.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:35am
Probably for his thumb.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:37am
So high up? You mean by the take down lever? It was just a practice spot. It is meant to work as a thumb index to make sure I grip it the same every time, but it is more or less superfluous now I can index on the light.

KBK
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 5:33pm
Glock? Austrian trash! Now my Sig on the other hand.... Big smile

JK, Glocks are sweet, I want a 34.

With the Fobus holster

Day I bought it. Best damn plinking pistol i've ever shot. Sig Mosquito. Despite all the negative reviews, this thing is amazing, with quality ammo, CCI minimags being the standard, i've had maybe 2-3 FTE, and zero FTF(crap ammo is another story, 4-5 FTF, probably 12-14ish FTE) I love it, and it was only 240 used at get this, GANDER MOUNTAIN! The most overpriced firearms vendor there is just about.

Edit: Sorry KBK, didn't mean to jack your thread, obviously a Skeeter can't hold a drop of water compared to that bad boy.

Edited by Apu - 02 December 2011 at 5:48pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:54pm
Naah, the Mozzie is a nice little toy. If I could get a nice pre 2000 Sig I'd get a Mozzie as well for cheap practice.

As it is I've got a Colt .22 for plinking.

KBK
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:14pm
Nice, I bet the Colt is a great range weapon. It amazes me, I rarely see people shooting .22LR at the range. It's always 9mm, something that begins in .4, etc. These guys shoot 50-100 rounds and call it quits. For the same price they pay I can shoot anywhere from 400-700ish rounds in a day, a lot of them just rapid firing and fun shots, not really working on my aim, because the ammo is pennies on the dollar! The Range(name of the place) rents a Walther P22 out. A buddy of mine rented it along with a Glock 34 one day and it made me much more glad I purchased the Sig Sauer. Not only did it feel like a toy, but it FTF'd the first shot or 2 of every clip I put through it, minus one(which was only 5-6 at most, but STILL) and it had a few FTEs with one decently annoying stovepipe. It was tiny and strange feeling after a while. The Skeeter is 90% of a P226, and honestly I can barely tell a difference(although you obviously still can) but it just fits my hand as if those German fellas designed it specifically for me! The Colt one of those futuristic looking .22s that look like a Neos correct? I bet that badboy is a hoot at the range!
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 5:44pm
Was never a fan of semi auto 22's.

Now a S&W 617 on the other hand, good stuff.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 5:57pm
Now I want to go shoot things after my final...
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Now I want to go shoot things after my final...

Meanwhile, in Canada...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 8:27pm
Things, not people. There's a place here that I could, plus a gun-loving buddy could hook me up too. We're supposed to dispose of a TV sometime still.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 8:47pm
make sure the TV is on. There's a 50's-60's station wagon out in the woods buried to the rockers on an unmaintained fire road that's my shootin' car for when I've had a bad day. It's been there for decades and looks like swiss cheese. Plenty of people have had the same idea. A Winchester Model 12 holds 7 rounds and can slam-fire. It's fun.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

make sure the TV is on. There's a 50's-60's station wagon out in the woods buried to the rockers on an unmaintained fire road that's my shootin' car for when I've had a bad day. It's been there for decades and looks like swiss cheese. Plenty of people have had the same idea. A Winchester Model 12 holds 7 rounds and can slam-fire. It's fun.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 5:05am

not totally new-age like the Neo, but not far off. polymer grip, bull barrel, suppressor :)

There are reasons why semi .22's are better than revolvers.....

KBK
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 5:08am
I hate you so bad Kayback. My next project is going to be a suppressed Browning Buckmark...but it won't be near as sexy as that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic