Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speed of Forum?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nerdrage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speed of Forum?
    Posted: 11 November 2011 at 9:29am
this is the first paintball forum ive joined is it pretty active? if not what are some other good ones?
im looking for opinions on wether to goto a x7 electro or stay with my a5 ive got a good bit of money into...

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 2:08pm
Well, you posted the other question in the other forum at like 3 in the morning. Not a lot of forumers on here at that time. Just as a heads up, posting the same question in two forums is frowned upon. 
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
nerdrage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 2:44pm
Sorry I assumed this Forum was US timezones, it was around 11pm here
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2011 at 3:56pm
Forum time seems to be about 3 hours off. Either way, there are some people on here late, but mostly in the Thoughts and Opinions section. It's the forum for non-paintball discussion. 
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by nerdrage nerdrage wrote:

this is the first paintball forum ive joined is it pretty active? if not what are some other good ones?
im looking for opinions on wether to goto a x7 electro or stay with my a5 ive got a good bit of money into...

May i ask why you're about to spend 400$ on an electro X7, when you could buy a speedball gun and save a decent amount of cash?
nerdrage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 6:07pm
Hudson where were you last week. I went to my local park and my friend let me use his modded Ion. My A5 sat in the car the whole day and is now on ebay. I didnt like the look of the speedball guns thats why l liked tippmans. However even in woodsball the tippmans dont come close to consistancy and fire rate at semi auto. When my A5 sells Im getting either the GOG Extcy, Invert Mini, or Axe. Im leaning towards the Extcy due to price and what it comes with.
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by nerdrage nerdrage wrote:

Hudson where were you last week. I went to my local park and my friend let me use his modded Ion. My A5 sat in the car the whole day and is now on ebay. I didnt like the look of the speedball guns thats why l liked tippmans. However even in woodsball the tippmans dont come close to consistancy and fire rate at semi auto. When my A5 sells Im getting either the GOG Extcy, Invert Mini, or Axe. Im leaning towards the Extcy due to price and what it comes with.

The XTC (extcy) is one of the best markers for under 300$. However, most people hate the trigger on the XTC. The Xball guns are also a lot lighter, which makes it easier to carry around all day. If you have the extra 200$ to spend i would go with the axe. However, before you blow all your money on a gun, buy a nice mask, tank, and gear. A good player with an extcy is better than a rookie player with an axe.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Hudson Hudson wrote:

May i ask why you're about to spend 400$ on an electro X7, when you could buy a speedball gun and save a decent amount of cash?
LOL, speedball gun.
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

LOL, speedball gun.

Yeah i figured talking about anything other than a Tippmann on here would be frowned upon.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:44pm

LOL, speedball gun.

Yeah i figured talking about anything other than a Tippmann on here would be frowned upon.
I havent shot a Tippmann in about 2 years. It's more the attempt at defining one sort of marker as a speedball marker and one as woodsball. I only play woodsball/scenario games and find myself sitting besides nearly every type of marker out there. In fact, I have on occasion used an orange Mini in the woods...gasp!
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:48pm

LOL, speedball gun.

I havent shot a Tippmann in about 2 years. It's more the attempt at defining one sort of marker as a speedball marker and one as woodsball. I only play woodsball/scenario games and find myself sitting besides nearly every type of marker out there. In fact, I have on occasion used an orange Mini in the woods...gasp!

I'm sorry i should of referred to them as "Electronic Markers" to make it more clear.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:52pm

I'm sorry i should of referred to them as "Electronic Markers" to make it more cleat/
No sweat. But consider this, when the OP's borrwed Ions battery dies, he's out of the game. If he had a Phenom, he can flip a switch and keep on shooting, kind of like my Emag that I use as my primary.
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:59pm

I'm sorry i should of referred to them as "Electronic Markers" to make it more cleat/
No sweat. But consider this, when the OP's borrwed Ions battery dies, he's out of the game. If he had a Phenom, he can flip a switch and keep on shooting, kind of like my Emag that I use as my primary.

True, i can't argue anything there. However, is it really worth the extra 150$ (comparing to the XTC price) to be able to put the X7 into mechanical mode in case the battery dies?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 8:41pm

One could say the same for a lot of things that cost more. "worth" is in the eye of the beholder.

Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:14pm
i bought the phenom mech and it will pretty much stay mech
with a fang tigger on there i can walk the trigger almsost as fast as an egrip but i dont have to worrie
about batteries at all!

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Arson24 Arson24 wrote:

with a fang tigger on there i can walk the trigger almsost as fast as an egrip but i dont have to worrie
about batteries at all!
You can walk your mechanical Phenom at 15bps?
nerdrage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:08pm
i didnt mean to start a elec vs mech fight. the reason i was thinking about the phenom elec is because its still the milsim look but the performance of a elec gun. I also like the tippman brand their products are bulletproof. However after using my friends modded ion i got over the space ray look of most elec guns and im getting one. i was shocked by the difference between mechanical and electronic. I didnt know a paintball gun could be that consistant.  My a5 sold on ebay today so im waiting for black friday to see if anyone is doing any deals on the extcy or more likely the axe. I already have my vlocity loader, ninja 4500 68cu tank ready
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by Arson24 Arson24 wrote:

about batteries at all!
You can walk your mechanical Phenom at 15bps?

If he's not exaggerating, i bet his girlfriend is happy. Wink
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:45pm
Oh she's happy
And Ya the techy at paintballgear who plays speedball exclusively
Said its the only mech trigger he could ever walk
I guess I can't say true walking when it's just mech
But with the fang trigger my pull is super quick

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 6:25pm
I'm gonna have to call multiple shens. No way you are coming even close to 15bps, ;that is insanely fast for walking any marker, especially a mech.  There are other walkable mechs out there, Automags with ULT come to mind.  There is no way your girlfriend is happy, they never are. Oh wait, you said girlfriend, not wife... it's possble then. Videos or shens.  

Edited by oldpbnoob - 15 November 2011 at 6:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic