Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bravo one and Air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IsmaelSama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsmaelSama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bravo one and Air
    Posted: 07 November 2011 at 12:38am
Hello all this is my question my brother just bought a bravo one and We want to know if he can use air with this gun and if he needs something else to use it? Is there a low pressure kit or we just have to plug the tank and shoot?
PartsTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartsTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:22pm
A Compressed air tank made for paintball guns will work fine on this gun.  You can get them in 3000 psi and 4500 psi.  Nothing extra is needed for the gun.  The CO2 bottle that most players use on these guns are only for CO2.
Ken
Tech at TippmannParts.com
Everything Tippmann is our Specialty
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 6:21pm
No, most guns that use co2 can also use compressed air. However, some tippmanns don't like to use compressed air. However,  if you're asking if you need a low pressure tank to use on this, then no, the regulator should regulate the pressure down to a useable pressure. 
JAWM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAWM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 9:41pm
Should be good to go.  The only time when HPA needs something out of regulation to work on a tippmann is one with a high operating pressure (i.e. A-5 w/ cyclone and/or response trigger).  HPA tanks' regulators output a pressure of 850 psi on a standard tank.  Sometimes that is not enough pressure to operate the marker.  If you experience problems that relate to your marker not getting enough pressure to operate, just put a SHP(super high pressure) regulator on the tank, your local pro shop can do this for you. Then follow instructions from the manufacturer on how to get it to a good high pressure for tippmanns with this issues (about 950 psi).

Edited by JAWM - 29 November 2011 at 10:09pm
ninjapaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninjapaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 10:33am
Originally posted by JAWM JAWM wrote:

Should be good to go.  The only time when HPA needs something out of regulation to work on a tippmann is one with a high operating pressure (i.e. A-5 w/ cyclone and/or response trigger).  HPA tanks' regulators output a pressure of 850 psi on a standard tank.  Sometimes that is not enough pressure to operate the marker.  If you experience problems that relate to your marker not getting enough pressure to operate, just put a SHP(super high pressure) regulator on the tank, your local pro shop can do this for you. Then follow instructions from the manufacturer on how to get it to a good high pressure for tippmanns with this issues (about 950 psi).

thanks as this is what i was going to say!
Ninja Paintball
Proudly Made in the USA!
DOT RIN G777
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Hudson Hudson wrote:

No, most guns that use co2 can also use compressed air. However, some tippmanns don't like to use compressed air. However,  if you're asking if you need a low pressure tank to use on this, then no, the regulator should regulate the pressure down to a useable pressure. 

All current Tippmanns work well with HPA. It's the early 1990's and 1980's Tippmann that where designed for CO2. Just make sure your HPA tank is a high preasure tank.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 9:32pm
^^^ All of my 98's (the original ones with the gills) and my early A5 had issues with compressed air.  My 98C and later A5 did not.

I don't know what they did to improve the 98 series tolerance for compressed air but I do know that their were changes made to the A5 to valve internals to increase propellant flow.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2012 at 8:55am
My 98 with gills works fine with HPA I get about 285 -/+ 13 fps. I did change some of the worn out springs a few years ago. I have them as semis and never had much of a problem with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic