Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SL-68 II Roll Outs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dannyboy768 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyboy768 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SL-68 II Roll Outs
    Posted: 06 November 2011 at 7:48pm

Anyone know any good mods to stop roll-outs on a Tippmann SL-68 II. No "get a small bore barrel" please..

dannyboy768 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyboy768 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 8:05pm
this forum sucks, mods please super dooper perma insta ban me now
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by dannyboy768 dannyboy768 wrote:

Anyone know any good mods to stop roll-outs on a Tippmann SL-68 II. No "get a small bore barrel" please..

Get larger bore paint.

Big smile

Actually you have several other options:

• Easiest is some version of the old-school fingernail polish detent
    • Basically you just build up a spot of polish inside the barrel and it acts as a detent
    • I've had decent results doing something similar with Duco cement
  • If you don't mind drilling into your marker and barrel you can also add a detent to the the SL 68 II
    • I did this to my original SL 68 II and barrel*
      • Figured out how far forward of the chamber to drill**
      • Drilled and tapped a hole all the way through the top of the marker body
      • Drilled a smaller hole through the barrel
      • Installed the barrel and lined up the holes
      • Put a Spyder-style detent on the barrel with the tab sticking down into the chamber
      • Installed a set screw into the hole to hold the detent in place

*Not quite brave enough to drill into my J&J barrel or my new (recently reintroduced) SL 68 II--also the body of the new version is thinner at the top of the chamber and I am not certain it would provide room for enough threads for holding the detent in place
**Didn't go quite far enough so you're on your own for this (it still works though although it will dimple the balls if they set against it long enough.

Edited Addition:  Also try developing some patience and manners.  In the interest of insuring you get the instant forum-related gratification you desire, I forwarded your ban request to the mods.

Edited by Mack - 07 November 2011 at 11:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic