Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone feeder on a 98 custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CCJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone feeder on a 98 custom
    Posted: 01 November 2011 at 6:03pm
So i got this gun off a buddy, ive been loving the one on ones with my buds in the woods. That scope gets in the way a lot tho, not a big fan of it. So yea, im fairly new to paintball. But not to research. Even after doing a bit of that im damn confused.
Attaching pics of the gun (98 Custom). Not sure its a platinum or anything else and don't understand fully what ACT is about.
What i want to know is if i can attach a cyclone feeding system without drilling or anything too complicated. Or would i be better off purchasing a Halo B or smth similar. (Fyi, i got a double trigger coming in the mail).
Thank you.

Edited by CCJG - 01 November 2011 at 6:05pm
cobra_grinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobra_grinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 9:35pm
ACT is the anti-chop technology that is incorporated into the bolt system to reduce paintball jams/chopping. But yes, you can throw on a cyclone feed system without drilling. Youtube should have to how-to vidoes. I love the cyclone feed system, for one, because it's one less electronic component to worry about. But that's a matter of taste.
tippmann98king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann98king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 9:40pm
the CYCLONE is JUNK.. 
98C flatline,5 chamber expansion,RT,12BPS.A5 LPK,flatline&hammer barrel,Virtue board,JCS power tube REMOVED cyclone installed BT rip clip custom rear bolt spring.20 bps with out chopping
Rubbr Chickin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubbr Chickin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 11:50pm
Yes, you can put a cyclone feed on it no problem. Tippmann makes one for 98C variants and will work on any guns with that hinge-feedneck design.
f23blackwidow2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f23blackwidow2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 5:38pm
The Cyclone Air system is a very effective hopper system. it takes some of the air from the tank when you shoot to power it, and is very reliable. you do have the platinum version of the 98 custom from the looks of your pics. the A.C.T. system is anti-chop-technology. basically, it's tippmanns upgrade to stop the gun poping paint in the barrel.
i think that you should go through with your plans.
Live
Or Lifes Not
Worth Living
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by tippmann98king tippmann98king wrote:

the CYCLONE is JUNK.. 

Statements such as this that provide no facts or information to back them up are not very helpful.

Example:  The forumer who posted the above quote is wrong.

See how unhelpful that is?
f23blackwidow2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f23blackwidow2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 6:58pm
that is correct. if you think something is bad, you must have proof to back it up, i can say the sky is green, but without proof, noone is going to believe me, even if i'm right, which i am not in this instance. 
Live
Or Lifes Not
Worth Living
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by f23blackwidow2 f23blackwidow2 wrote:

that is correct. if you think something is bad, you must have proof to back it up, i can say the sky is green, but without proof, noone is going to believe me, even if i'm right, which i am not in this instance. 
Actually, you are a little. The Cyclone actually operates off of the excess or blowback gas that isnt used by the valve. It doesnt actually take any propellant directly from the tank.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann98king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

the CYCLONE is JUNK.. 

Statements such as this that provide no facts or information to back them up are not very helpful.

I HAD a cyclone on my A5 and could never get it to work correctly, had it at mt local shop a few time, sent it back to tippmann a few times, and still could not get it to work correctly so i removed it and put on a BT rip clip..
98C flatline,5 chamber expansion,RT,12BPS.A5 LPK,flatline&hammer barrel,Virtue board,JCS power tube REMOVED cyclone installed BT rip clip custom rear bolt spring.20 bps with out chopping

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann98king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 10:53pm
just get ya a electric hopper that will keep up with the gun
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

the CYCLONE is JUNK.. 

I HAD a cyclone on my A5 and could never get it to work correctly, had it at mt local shop a few time, sent it back to tippmann a few times, and still could not get it to work correctly so i removed it and put on a BT rip clip..

Just because you couldn't get it to work correctly doesn't mean it's junk.  There are plenty of forumers on here who all have no problems getting their Cyclone to work.  I have them on two markers, one of which is has an APE board and puts out a lot of paint.  The Cyclone works fine.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:55am
If you sent an A5 "to Tippmann a few times" you would have yourself a new A5. They would give you a NIB one before sending out a junked marker.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 10:33am
^^^ That as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic