Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scuba Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scuba Tank
    Posted: 24 October 2011 at 6:11pm
Been thinking about getting one for a while now, and finally came to the conclusion that now is the time to get one.

How much should a used Scuba tank cost?
How big of one should i get? (3000psi?)
How much does it cost to get rehydrotested?
How much does it cost to get an empty tank filled?
Would you say the investment is worth it?
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Hudson Hudson wrote:

Been thinking about getting one for a while now, and finally came to the conclusion that now is the time to get one.

How much should a used Scuba tank cost?
How big of one should i get? (3000psi?)
How much does it cost to get rehydrotested?
How much does it cost to get an empty tank filled?
Would you say the investment is worth it?
Depends on make, material and size.  eBay/Craigslist is your friend.
Most SCUBA tanks you'll find are 80 cuft.  There are several that are in the 100-120 cuft range as well.
Again, depends on where you take it.
If you don't have a paintball shop that fills HPA, it is definitely worth the investment.  I purchased a steel 100cuft/3500psi tank for $100 off eBay several years ago.  Only costs me $4/fill and I can keep my HPA tanks pressurized off of it between games.  Otherwise I have to pay $6/fill on each of my tanks which is a waste.
PartsTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartsTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 2:47pm
$100 is reasonable for a used scuba tank
80 cubic feet.   Most are 3000-3500 psi
Hydro is about $25.  Sometimes a bit more
Empty tanks are $4-$10 to fill at most scuba shops.  Will need to tell them that you are using it for paintball only.
with an average paintball tank refill, each fill will be about 150psi less than the previous fill.  It is worth while to get one. As you use it, you will get few shoots from each refill. 
Ken
Tech at TippmannParts.com
Everything Tippmann is our Specialty
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 8:00pm
Alright thanks for the information.

I just bought this one (picture related) for 55$. Now i need to get a HPA tank that screws onto my gun. There are a lot of different choices and i wasn't sure which one was the best (or if they're all the same). Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic