Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting A Fresh Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting A Fresh Start
    Posted: 23 October 2011 at 8:47pm
I plan on buying a new Tippmann paintball gun. I'm thinking about buying the X7. Has anyone here ever owned/shot one that could give me some feedback on it? i think i want to get the one with the board (i believe that's the phenom) is that correct? Last thing on that is what would be the most accurate barrel i could get for that gun?

Second off, im going to make the switch to HPA. Could anyone give me some insight on how the tanks work? I know that the more cubic inches the bigger the tank, but what is the average size of a tank? In other words what tank would be good to go out and shoot a few hundred balls?

Where would i purchase the Scuba tank to fill the HPA tank or is there another type of tank that you get?

Thanks in advance.

Also; what is some other stuff i should have if i buy all of that? (i.e scuba tank adapter, chronograph, etc etc.)
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Hudson Hudson wrote:

I'm thinking about buying the X7. Has anyone here ever owned/shot one that could give me some feedback on it? i think i want to get the one with the board (i believe that's the phenom) is that correct?

There is the bone stock X7 which is basically a fancy looking A5. All of the Tippmann markers except the phenom are basically the same, although the parts do not interchange except for a few small things. You can get them with electronics as well if you wish.

The Phenom is completely different. It has an entirely different valve design. Is it better? Yes. I still reccomend a 98 Custom to the new player though.  

Last thing on that is what would be the most accurate barrel i could get for that gun?

Second to a barrel kit, a Lapco barrel.

Second off, im going to make the switch to HPA. Could anyone give me some insight on how the tanks work? I know that the more cubic inches the bigger the tank, but what is the average size of a tank? In other words what tank would be good to go out and shoot a few hundred balls?

There are cubic inches, as well as PSI. PSI=pressure. So a 50ci/4500psi tank would have more shots than a 50ci/3000psi.
Where would i purchase the Scuba tank to fill the HPA tank or is there another type of tank that you get?

Thanks in advance.

Also; what is some other stuff i should have if i buy all of that? (i.e scuba tank adapter, chronograph, etc etc.)

All in all, I would buy a marker, a 20oz C02 tank, and go play paintball. Buy a nice barrel and a nice tank later on. 
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 9:33pm
I have two 98's. I just feel like it's time to upgrade.

I think the X7 with a board would be perfect.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 9:56pm
The Phenom is such a efficient simple design that is really new player friendly. The phenom's capability to play on mechanical ( no batteries) or on the board with many pre programed modes ( I prefer hyper mode) is a great way to get the best out your marker.

The phenom's low operating preasure of 300psi makes greatly efficient as compared to other Tippmanns. I use a large 72/3000 tank I get about 800 or so shots with my iFit kit and a great paint to bore match.
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

The Phenom is such a efficient simple design that is really new player friendly. The phenom's capability to play on mechanical ( no batteries) or on the board with many pre programed modes ( I prefer hyper mode) is a great way to get the best out your marker.

The phenom's low operating preasure of 300psi makes greatly efficient as compared to other Tippmanns. I use a large 72/3000 tank I get about 800 or so shots with my iFit kit and a great paint to bore match.

That's the exact type of answer i was looking for. Now im going to interrogate you. Wink If you don't mind helping me out, that would be awesome.

What modes does the X7 have with the board? If the boars off, it's only semi auto, correct? When the board is on there's "hyper mode" (don't know what that means), 3 round burst, and full auto correct?

What type of barrel, and what type of paintballs do you use? Would you say it's accurate?

Thanks in advance man it's a huge help to me.

Edited by Hudson - 23 October 2011 at 10:12pm
Hudson View Drop Down
Likes sparking things

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 10:21pm
Also what are your opinion on paintball gun scopes and rails? Do they actually help or since paintballs aren't too accurate they're more for style points? 
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 11:59pm
Definite style points on optics. 

If you have a Phenom, it is semi auto only when on mechanical setting. Look up the Tippmann manual for specifics on board settings. I personally use a 12" J&J barrel, although I would rather use my J&J edge kit but that is for my 98. 
monsterhats View Drop Down
Spamqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterhats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 2:53am
-Deleted-Spam-Advertising

Edited by pepprdog - 17 February 2012 at 9:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic