Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Walking Dead!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 9:58pm
I approve.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 10:26pm
Umm yeah. The writers know how to play this and keep you watching and save the good parts for the season and mid-season finales. Damn.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Umm yeah. The writers know how to play this and keep you watching and save the good parts for the season and mid-season finales. Damn.

Holy crap this.

It would take me an hour to write how perfect that episode's ending was, and as predictable as it seemed, I didn't see it coming.

The writers took a huge gamble with that storyline and, as far as I'm concerned, it paid off and then some. I haven't been hit that hard by a reveal since the Sopranos.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 7:29am
As much as I disliked the slow pace, it did very well to increase tension throughout the season. Yes, we knew about every conflict from the moment it happened, but the gradual reveals to the characters kept things moving and became more intense with each revelation.

This episode would not have been so good had it been the 3rd or 4th. It started with some great dialogue and replicated the season with slow moments in the middle to build up to the finale. Yes, it sucked that we had this crummy drama for the past two months. Given this episode, the pacing of everything else makes sense.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 5:47pm
I don't know what happened. I wish I could watch it on Demand. I think last weeks is new on there
Que pasa?

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:10pm
Just finished it. Well done.

I want an army base now though.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

I want a missle silo now though.

fixed
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I want a missle silo now though.

fixed

Nah I mean I want to see some more military action. Get some miniguns and M249's up in there.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 7:58am

Just finished it. Well done.I want a missle silo now though.

fixed
Nah I mean I want to see some more military action. Get some miniguns and M249's up in there.

This is actually one of the things that has me po'ed at the series. We've seen the military presence outside the CDC and in downtown Atlanta, so there should be more than enough military grade weapons and ammo scattered around, but these guys are still wandering around with bolt-action hunting rifles and sporting shotguns. You can't tell me that the Sheriff and his deputy don't have the presence of mind to be picking up all that extra ordinance in their travels.

Also, saw the ending of this past episode coming a mile away.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 8:13am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Just finished it. Well done.I want a missle silo now though.

fixed

This is actually one of the things that has me po'ed at the series. We've seen the military presence outside the CDC and in downtown Atlanta, so there should be more than enough military grade weapons and ammo scattered around, but these guys are still wandering around with bolt-action hunting rifles and sporting shotguns. You can't tell me that the Sheriff and his deputy don't have the presence of mind to be picking up all that extra ordinance in their travels.

Also, saw the ending of this past episode coming a mile away.

Not to mention the surplus of vehicles everywhere. Im pretty sure a couple APC's > a shizzy old Winnebago.

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 2:27pm
that's what I was thinking when he was trapped a the freaking tank.  What better time to learn to drive one?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

that's what I was thinking when he was trapped a the freaking tank.  What better time to learn to drive one?

Did it have fuel???
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 8:10am
We don't know. He didn't check. He just assumed he was doomed because he was on a tank.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

We don't know. He didn't check. He just assumed he was doomed because he was on a tank.

He had power so one might assume the indicator/operations panel was on too...provided he would know what to look for.*

* based on my knowledge of the panel on the AAVP7A1 not an Abrams, fuel was displayed on a LED indicator and not on a common fuel gage.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 4:04pm
Didn't want to start a new thread, and WD starts up again here in 3 weeks so I figure this one will get revived at some point anyway.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 4:37pm
Bumping a dead zombie thread? Nice.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:22pm
Since it is bumped anyway...

Cessman/Eville... the thing that annoyed me about the tank scene is he had jumped into an M1... and climbed out the bottom escape hatch. M1's do not have a bottom hatch, M60's do.
GroupB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GroupB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:32pm
So you weren't annoyed at why he left a tank, but rather how?
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 1:39am
I think it was a Chieftain MBT anyway, not an M60.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 6:03pm
How many episodes were in the first half of this season?
Que pasa?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic