Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Walking Dead!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 7:43am
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

I Lol'd.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:25pm
So, Cherokee Rose sucked.

Up for discussion-

The well scene was stupid. If blood contaminated the water, a rotting decomposing zombie did it regardless of whether he was shot or not. To risk manpower to close up a well when there are several others was a cheap excuse to show a zombie explode. Also, everyone just sort of assuming the Asian would make himself zombie bait was pretty awkward it could have only been more awkward if the zombie they were noosing up turned out to be black.

Also, did anyone else but me secretly hope the zombie turned out to be Otis?

If you get rid of the sex scene and the well zombie, you're stuck with pointless dialogue about subjects we've been dealing with since the little girl ran away. To add, that conflict needs to be resolved within the next episode or it's going to stagnate. In a post apocalyptic world, I doubt the search would still be going.

Herehel's desire to disarm everyone is arguable. Which it comes off as stupid, I think he at least suspects that Shane isn't on the level. Still, it came across as silly, especially after the zombie in the well.

I thunk next episode will be better, with the inevitable invasion of the farm and the return of last season's biggest loose end. This one was just clunky and pointles, reinforcing what everyone already knew. Daryl is, once again, the least static character on the show, and I really hope he doesn't get killed off like we expect from tough guy loners in these shows.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 4:33pm
agreeing w/ strato. This season started strong and I had some questions about the new writers, but this is just getting silly, even considering the premise. At least we're getting some good parodies out of it.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 11:22am
How many Zombies were in the last episode?

One.

This is becoming a soap opera in a survival situation. Shane shouldn't have knocked up the girl (whoose name I cannot remember). I mean, really, that was all in the past and her being pregnant is only a wrench to throw into the drama machine. Merle should not have shown up, since he had no way of knowing where they were going. Most survival groups would have given up on the girl, if not even to go so far as murdering the old guy. 

I would have been happy if they found/gave up on the girl in Cherokee Rose, and prepared to move on towards Ft. Benning. Season two is murdering a good series.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

This is becoming a soap opera in a survival situation

THIS.

I understand what they were trying to do, be the artsy zombie show that's focuses on the human element. In fact, this is what I've heard from all the fans of the show, how revolutionary it is to focus on human characters and use the zombies as a backdrop.

I'm assuming these people have never seen the original Night of the Living Dead, the original and remake Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days / Weeks Later, so on and so forth. Zombie movies have never been solely about zombies, they've always been cultural / humanitarian commentaries.

I was looking forward to the survival aspect of the show post-CDC, in fact it's why I was all giddy for a year straight after buying the first season Blu Ray and polishing it off in one sitting. Then I get here, they casually stumble upon a safehouse in the second episode, and now we have cheatin' wives, pregnancies, missing people, so on and so forth. The worst part is that the characters aren't even really that interesting, which makes the storytelling even more dull. Leave the character dramas to Mad Men.

Maybe the problem is that they're following the comic so closely. I really don't know, but I hope they return to the format of the first season soon because this on is losing my attention rapidly.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 11:22pm
Some real quick observations on a slightly better episode than last week-

Glenn is the least smooth operator on the planet. When girls say "not even if you were the last man alive", they meant him in the most literal sense possible.

Unlikeable groups of characters only work on comedies. In a drama, especially a soap opera like this, it kills the suspense.
The arrow scene was completely cringe worthy in a good way, and reaffirmed that Darryl is the still best character on the show.

Shane is right, Rick is a pansy. No matter how bad the writers try to paint Shane, you could kill off everyone but him and Darryl and I'd still watch the show.

Dale needs to lower the medication. "What were you thinking?" Maybe that he hasn't reached an age where his libido and bowel control have dropped to that of two year old?

If Andrea had killed Darryl, I would have literally stopped watching the show.

HOLY CRAP THEY SAID THE N WORD.

K, so I'm assuming that Hershel is keeping all of his relatives / neighbors in that barn in hopes of a cure? That or he has the most bizarre sexual fetish since David Carradine. Overall the Darryl scenes saved this episode from being as bad as last week's, and it was nice to here Shane say what everyone else is thinking, but it doesn't take away from the fact that NOTHING IS HAPPENING. We're still mulling over the pregnancy and the little girl, we're still enforcing Andrea's attitude problems with Dale, and Glenn is screwing up a commitment free booty call in the apocalypse.

Lastly, is it just me, or does this farm keep producing new extras? Maybe I'm just not very observant, but I don't remember the blonde little girl or the 17 year old who's lived in the country and doesn't know how to shoot a gun.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 12:59am
Agreed on the extra -breeding farm, maybe they'll be like the new guy on Star Trek and be killed almost every time?

I'm hoping they save Dale's death for the season finale, and they're making him obnoxious just to make it easier to kill him off. It better be brutal. Glenn also needs to die, he's a turd and we can now think he won't die with his v-card. I agree with the characters being unlikeable in general, but the thing that keeps it believable to me is that if I were to consider the people I know who are like them, or to be stuck in a survival situation with a bunch of random people I know (let's say any random dozen people I'm friends w/ on FB) chances are good that a good portion of them would be total tools. I literally know guys as useless as Glenn, as obnoxious as Dale, and as shifty as Shane, or worse. I just choose not to spend too much time with those people for obvious reasons. Part of the charm of the post-apocalyptic theme is being forced to group together out of mutual necessity instead of the choices we're allowed in a more stable society. If most of us were to be stuck in a survival situation with co-workers, people you ride a city bus with, and maybe one or two people you previously knew well, you'd have as many unbearable characters. The writers need to focus more on the ones who are actually interesting, and leave the rest as filler and zombie-fodder.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 8:28am
Shane is totally dead by this point in the comic book. Just an FYI
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 5:00pm
I like daryl hope they don't kill him. Hope they get off the farm soon so dumb. I enjoy it actually if they find this girl and move along.

How about Hell on wheels?
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 5:28pm
Best line in the episode was Daryl "I was kidding"
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 5:59pm
Lol loved that line. I thought I didn't hear it right
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 2:20am
I had to rewind just to make sure.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:28am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

How about Hell on wheels?

I was really looking forward to that show, but to me it was kind of mediocre. By the title and the intro, I was kind of thinking it was going to be some gritty, semi-supernatural western. The

Just a straight up gritty western is going to be tough after Deadwood, at least on normal cable network. The camera work was pretty at least, nice visuals.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 2:50pm
Guys, please post comic book related stuff in white or something.

This episode is better, but still is dissappointing. I like Glenn personally, but the whole mulling around the farm bit is getting annoying.

Id be happy if in the next episode they found the girl, walkers invaded, and the convoy moved out with a few people dieing and a few farm people coming and a few others heading a seperate way.

BTW, the redneck guys invincibility is annoying.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:42pm
But rednecks are invincible. Even with firearms, beer, ATVs, fireworks, chainsaws, and tree stands, they continue to multiply.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:27pm
I got my shotgun, a rifle and a four-wheel drive...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

But rednecks are invincible. Even with firearms, beer, ATVs, fireworks, chainsaws, and tree stands, they continue to multiply.

I've been telling people since I was a kid that bullriding is the most blatant attempt at natural selection our species has ever made. It's seriously a sport where you win by getting your reproductive organs pounded the longest by your food source.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

I got my shotgun, a rifle and a four-wheel drive...

Nobody screws with Hank Williams Jr.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 5:40am
Seriously? They spend a whole show covering two teensie-tiny little things that they've been covering all along. Way to stretch out the season for more advertising dollars AMC..... Next Sunday is the "mid season finale" whatever that means. Hopefully there'll finally be some action.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic