Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Putting a scope on an A5, and other problems :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paint_Cactus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putting a scope on an A5, and other problems :)
    Posted: 16 October 2011 at 5:51pm
Hey all.
I have a quick question regarding scoping my gun considering some special circumstances.

So the iron sights on my A5 are too low on the gun for myself to aim properly, as a glasses wearer, I need to get down kind of low on the butt stock of my gun to line up anything properly, and even then it's a hassle with my mask on.

I was wondering if I may need some kind of raised railing to put a scope on, or would a scope by itself on the standard rail be OK for me to aim down without being too low..

Also, I'm not looking for a super magnified sniper scope, just something that offers me clear vision, a good sighting system and a nice field of fire to guide my paint - any thoughts?

I just went out and played my first scenario and loved it, I thought of all the stuff I need to make my play better, and I'm really new to this so any help I can get would be great.
Thanks!
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 8:39pm
Dog leg stocks allow you to get a good sight picture, as do T stocks. I use a T-stock or sometimes just a remote line myself. After going from a tank on the ASA, to a Tapco T6 stock, to a T-stock, to just a remote I find the remote the best.

To answer your question more specifically, you will probably need a riser of some sort. I would look into a nice non-magnified red dot if you want to aim. I just look down the side of the marker myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 1:27am
What would I look for, and where, for a riser?
PartsTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartsTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 2:07pm
A couple of solutions come to mind.

You can either get a

Here is a fixed sight rail

An off set sight rail  would move your view to the side of the gun.

You could go all out and get an A5 tactical body kit

You may need to push the hopper more to the right to make room for a scope.  There are several APP A5 off set hoppers that will do this.

There are several Paintball scopes.   Note that a real high magnification scope is not a great idea.  Your range isn't long enough to take advantage of it.  There is also a simpler APP scope riser . That will do the trick.
Ken
Tech at TippmannParts.com
Everything Tippmann is our Specialty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 11:00pm
Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic