Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accuracy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paint_Cactus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accuracy
    Posted: 09 October 2011 at 4:26pm
Hey all.
I just got my Tippmann A5 and it came with a 14.5 custom inch barrel.
Here is the pack I bought: http://www.tippmannpros.com/tippmann-a5-assault-paintball-gun-package.html

Now my question is, when firing my marker, about every third shot is on target.
Some paint will go left or right, others pretty spot on - and this is from about 15-20 yards away on a target.

My question to you is why is the aiming so drastic - I was hoping to be really accurate!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 4:29pm
And when I mean left or right, I mean a good 2-feet left or right, enough so that I would actually miss my target.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 6:20pm
Check your paint for dimples and dents  
Sent from a phone booth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 6:44pm
Went back out just now and it shot beautifully.

So perhaps it was the paint, perhaps not.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 6:53pm

How old is your paint?

One thing that I like to do when buying a case of paint is pick it up and shake it.  Sometimes the balls will be stuck together in a big ball.  I like to hear a bunch of dry paintballs rattle around in the box when I shake it.

Sent from a phone booth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 7:58pm
About a day - just bought it from the shop - and definately dry!

I just don't want to go out on the field this coming week and be shooting all over the place.
Any other ideas why?

Also, what FPS is best for an A5 with a 14.5 inch barrel? I want to hit that sweetspot of accuracy and speed.

Thanks for the help, too!

Edited by Paint_Cactus - 09 October 2011 at 8:12pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 8:44pm
280FPS. 

So long as you have any 'good' barrel, most of your accuracy relies solely on paint. You can achieve decent accuracy with a clean barrel, and clean paint that isnt dimpled or flat in spots.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_Cactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 8:50pm
Alright so there's no need for any alarm?
Excellent
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 4:30am
No cause for alarm.  Paintballs are inherently an inaccurate projectiles and can be affected by many things such as large seams, paint-to-bore match, wind, humidity/moisture, and velocity settings.

Edited by StormyKnight - 10 October 2011 at 4:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic