Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann x7 phenom help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leifo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leifo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann x7 phenom help please
    Posted: 07 October 2011 at 10:19pm
hey i got a tippmann x7 phenom with a flatline barrel and the x7 phenom barrel adapter that i needed to purchase separately,so i ended  filling up my tank and i bought some p.w.i. smoking dragon paintballs (there size is .68) so when i got home i shot acouple of them and most of them popped in the barrel and the rest were curving all over the place,completely inaccurate,im extremely new to this and dont know exactly what to do now,im guessing it might be the paintballs i bought or the velocity my gun is using,im going to hit the field this sunday so if somebody can help me by then i would really appreciate it thx in advance  

Edited by leifo - 07 October 2011 at 10:20pm
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 11:31pm
Sounds like you either installed the Flatline wrong or your velocity is too high. Chrono your marker and remember flatlines tend to work better at arround 270 fps
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 1:10pm
Flatline barrels prefer small bore paint.  To tune your marker, set your velocity to around 250 fps.  Shoot a few shots.  If they go decently straight, up the velocity a little and shoot a few more shots.  Keep doing this until the accuracy starts to drop again and back off the velocity to where the paint shoots straighter.  Elvis is right, for the most part, Flatline barrels have a sweetspot between 260 and 275 fps.  Have fun with it!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 1:20pm
Please do not post duplicate questions in multiple sections.
PartsTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartsTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 9:47am
You might want to test your paintballs.   A quick test would be to drop them on concrete from chest high.  See how many break.   If you have a lot of them break, then that would be one way the paintballs are bad.   Size of the paintballs is another matter.  Put the paintballballs in a stock barrel and see how they fit.  If they are tight at all, they are big.  (Note that stock barrels are big bore, paintballs that get stuck in them are REALLY big.)
Ken
Tech at TippmannParts.com
Everything Tippmann is our Specialty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic