FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Publishers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Publishers
    Posted: 07 October 2011 at 9:51am
Well almost done. The initial submission of the book was returned for an edit and reduction (from 738 pages to under 500) and I sent it back in after my edits, Momma did a lot of proof reading and friends at the physics and biology dept at SCC/UNL helped a lot with tech and research. The publisher now states that I needed more in depth 'introduction' to charactors, other than the main, more on line with original submission. The alien/human concept explination alone took two chapters, then add more charactor profile and we will again creep over the 500 page max the publisher demands.

Simple concept and publisher likes how I structured it, post nuclear war Earth, an alien race returning after milleniums since no contact from its original 'colony', aliens are technologically advanced but are 1/10th the size of humans. Just a spoiler, aliens are insectoid, the 'prime' alien life form is for the lack of a better term 'cockroaches'. Massive 'hive' ships, multigenerational explorer ships, 'dragonfly' fighter/explorer ships, all tech is insect based, sensory, weapons, atmospheric flight, etc. The eventual human/insectoid contact and 'battles' lead to a revelation...nough said.

Plan on another month or two on required edit, advance check was substantial so I really need to get this done ASAP.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 2:05pm
Title?  Publication date?

My wife's cousin has published two books.  Only read the first one so far:  The Mortician's Daughter
Beneath the Mausoleum is the sequel.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic