FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movies and Morals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 2:05pm
Seems to me like some people are super sensitive.

"Oh, that guy made a generalization about something I barely feel I identify with. I want to banish his existence from my thoughts forever."
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Awww. WALL-E is probably my favorite Pixar movie. 
Ratatouille is probably a close second. 

Hell no. Toy Story FTW!
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 1:52am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Not to mention I can fast forward past the nudity that Hollywood is convinced America wants to witness while watching a movie with their family and children...

I've always wondered about the movies reluctance to show nudity, and some people's distain for it.

Honestly? 50% of the people on this planet have one set of plumbing, the other 50% have the other.

If you have children, you've probably seen some evidence of the other 50%.

If you have a girl and a boy kid who are similar in age, they've probably seen the difference as well.

Why is it a crime to have it on TV? Why is it something to be avoided? I don't go watch a movie based on if it has nudity in it or not, but I agree unless it actually adds to the story there isn't much point in showing it but that is only because it can interupt the flow of the movie. Use that minute of film for something else.

But I wouldn't fast forwards past it if it does fit.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Not to mention I can fast forward past the nudity that Hollywood is convinced America wants to witness while watching a movie with their family and children...

I've always wondered about the movies reluctance to show nudity, and some people's distain for it.

Honestly? 50% of the people on this planet have one set of plumbing, the other 50% have the other.

If you have children, you've probably seen some evidence of the other 50%.

If you have a girl and a boy kid who are similar in age, they've probably seen the difference as well.

Why is it a crime to have it on TV? Why is it something to be avoided? I don't go watch a movie based on if it has nudity in it or not, but I agree unless it actually adds to the story there isn't much point in showing it but that is only because it can interupt the flow of the movie. Use that minute of film for something else.

But I wouldn't fast forwards past it if it does fit.

Agreed.

I do think it depends on how the nudity is handled as far as kids being involved, but if were just talking the human form, eh? It seems like America is one of the only civilized countries where a woman's breasts are considered taboo.

It was funny, I was having a conversation with a coworker one time and I mentioned that I like nude art. Bear in mind we used to sit and swap some pretty graphic sex stories (we worked graveyard shift at a hospital), never a problem. But she said liking nude art was "pervy". That's the Bible belt for you.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 1:50pm
And of course the oft-discussed strangeness that is our society's acceptance of violence and aggression in media (movies, TV, video games, etc.) but panic whenever something sexual is mentioned. 

As in, you can have all kinds of guns, explosions, deaths and threats of violence in media and maintain a minimum level of rating, but the moment a breast is shown, it's instantly an adult-oriented piece. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic