FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

China Currency issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: China Currency issue.
    Posted: 06 October 2011 at 12:31pm
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-moves-toward-final-vote-china-currency-152236292.html

From the votes, it seems pretty well supported by both parties. Seems like if we would have done this years ago when the Chinese first started doing it and we had more global influence that things would have gone differently.

Thoughts?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 1:05pm
If we'd just listened to MacArthur we wouldn't be having this problem. 
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

If we'd just listened to MacArthur we wouldn't be having this problem. 

This man speaks the truth.

But seriously, this is a very real issue which should provide at least a small impetus towards balancing long term trade deficits with China.  I'm not sure how much effect it will have in the short term, but there are going to be serious social changes brewing in China in another 25 years.  This will be much more important then.
BU Engineering 2012
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:07pm
/scrambles to buy bootleg Chinese things for cheap
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 4:29pm
Fact of the matter is that tariffs never work. China is one of the biggest importer of American-made goods. Exactly how do you think us taxing their goods is going to help our economy? Domestic sales are only a small part of the economic makeup. Exports are far more important, now more than ever, and I can tell you that Europe and most of the rest of Asia sure aren't buying their stuff from us, and our tariffs on Chinese goods won't affect sales of their goods anywhere else in the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic