FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Steve Jobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

It surprised me that the initial number of 4S units sold is double that of the iPhone 4 when it was unveiled last year. It's basically the same phone! People sure are gullible...

I got a 4S and it is definitely an upgrade from the 4 (which my girlfriend's entire family has).  That said, I think it's significantly related to the the 2-year upgrade cycle.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 19 October 2011 at 4:29pm
BU Engineering 2012
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

It surprised me that the initial number of 4S units sold is double that of the iPhone 4 when it was unveiled last year. It's basically the same phone! People sure are gullible...

No, you just don't get it. Do you already forget about the 3GS? Seriously, people have the memory of damaged goldfish.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:18am

Wait, I thought Steve Jobs was a liberal businessman?

Quoted from article;

""You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America's education system, saying it was "crippled by union work rules," noted Isaacson. "Until the teachers' unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform." Jobs proposed allowing principals to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6 p.m. and that they be open 11 months a year."

They tremble at my name...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 7:54am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Wait, I thought Steve Jobs was a liberal businessman?

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:18am
*clearly whale missed the sarcasm*

Where are Apple products produced?... Oh yeah, China...

In liberal land you can mistreat employees if they are half way around the world and you can pretend the problems don't exist...

"We were not allowed to talk during work. We weren't even allowed to look around. Our superiors used a stop watch to time us. We were fined for any mistakes we made."

People with morals should have a problem owning a product produced on the backs of laborers like that...

When I found out about this abuse of their employees... I sold my stock in Apple.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 8:25am
So you infer that Steve Jobs wasn't actually liberal,

Then say you were being sarcastic, 

Then claim: 

In liberal land you can mistreat employees if they are half way around the world and you can pretend the problems don't exist...

So not having strong workers' rights is a liberal trait now? 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

So you infer that Steve Jobs wasn't actually liberal,

Then say you were being sarcastic, 

Then claim: 

So not having strong workers' rights is a liberal trait now? 

The liberal trait is "rules are for OTHERS" not them...

not equal rights, but "special" rights.

Clearly Jobs was right about Obama hurting the business in our country, and I was being sarcastic that he was laying out a conservative viewpoint, seeing as he has all of his assembly done overseas...

You know, "different" rules for other suckers... Not Him!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:39am

The liberal trait is "rules are for OTHERS" not them...

Please answer the question: Is not supporting worker's rights a liberal trait now? 

Because what you just posted was gibberish, when in the context of what we're discussing. Those Chinese workers were treated in the same manner as other workers in China, most likely (And depressingly). 

Quote . . . seeing as he has all of his assembly done overseas...
  You know, "different" rules for other suckers... Not Him!

What "rules" were being broken? 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 21 October 2011 at 9:40am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:52am
Hmm... Hard to say...

When I think "rules" I think of rules laid down by God. You know "moral" rules. But, since he didn't believe in God, then he must have had different rules?

Maybe it is part of that "social contract" that liberals often speak... You know the one that no one defines, but it comes up all the time as part of the constitution, somehow... Part of the whole "living wage" argument.

Seems to me a good liberal would pay the extra to hire American workers and pay them the "living" wage, and allow them a "fair" standard of living... Shipping your production jobs overseas just to make more profit seems like the height of hypocrisy.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:54am

Is not supporting worker's rights a liberal trait now? 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 9:57am

Seems to me a good liberal would pay the extra to hire American workers and pay them the "living" wage, and allow them a "fair" standard of living... Shipping your production jobs overseas just to make more profit seems like the height of hypocrisy.

Then, perhaps, as is apparent, Jobs was not a "good liberal," and probably never was. Neither was he a conservative, in many regards. 

Jobs was a business-minded individual, all politics aside. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:19am
And that is why my comment was sarcastic. To be good at business, you can't have liberal ideology, as it fails in a business criteria...

Look, liberals love to tell others how to live their lives. They pretend that they can have this liberal utopia where they can do what they want, and then out of the other side of their mouth, they make a million rules to "protect" things... This double mindedness destroys their business if they run it that way. It certainly isn't "freedom".

For example. I think you should trust people, but lately at work our employees have stopped clocking out for lunch. Now a liberal would make a rule about that, and they would make sure that everyone followed that rule... Except I have employees that keep their equipment running while they eat... So they SHOULD be on the clock. Others sit at the lunch table and stop working... Clearly THEY should be OFF the clock.

So you put up a note, saying there isn't a rule, but stop stealing from the company and clock out if you aren't working. This makes the choice not a "rule" but a moral choice. If your employees are moral, they will fix the problem without making a rule... If not, pretty soon that lack of a moral compass will affect other things and they will no longer work for you... but, who would YOU rather work for? A company that lets you make your own choices, and live with the consequences, or a company with millions of rules about everything?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:23am
Let's go back, again, to that point you brought up earlier: 

Is not supporting worker's rights a liberal trait now? 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2011 at 10:27am
Quote Look, liberals love to tell others how to live their lives.

Like if you're gay you cannot serve in the military or get married? 

Quote Now a liberal would make a rule about that, and they would make sure that everyone followed that rule...

You've made a rule as well, just without calling it a rule.

Why is that different? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic