FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Steve Jobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 2:10pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I was going to edit or rebuke you for being rude enough to work political rhetoric into a thread where politics should be left aside....but I'm going to leave it up to you to remove that or take the well deserved abuse that comes from here on out.

Because that's just really, REALLY bad taste.

QFT.  

Pot calling the kettle black. 
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

PT Barnum of consumer electronics.

I've found Henry Ford to be the least-incorrect analogy.

He didn't invent or create the physical product himself. He created the consumer market - and almost the environment for it.

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

He did manage to create one of the most fanatical fan bases in the history of marketing.

That's the thing with Apple.

For the most part, the people who use Apple don't just like Apple, it is their entire computing life.

I know the company has a lot of haters (And I consider myself a hater that uses the products) but the people who do use the product tend to have extremely high satisfaction rates.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:05pm
Also, marketing != design, and Apple has incredible design. Jonathan Ive and his team are unbelievably good at what they do, and 'genius' design is remarkably difficult. Not only do they design forwards, but sideways as well, preparing themselves and their market for their own future. It's a rare and powerful balance of design and marketing. They aren't the same, but they are masters of both.

Another good read
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:33pm
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:42pm
I knew all of those but #6 and #7. If you guys haven't seen it, watch Pirates of Silicon Valley. It's a good watch about the start of Apple and Microsoft.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I've found Henry Ford to be the least-incorrect analogy.
Henry Ford is most recognized for the assembly line process more than the car itself.  But I agree with what you said.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 5:03pm
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 5:13pm
Sad, but not that big of a deal.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:21pm

Steve Jobs is in hell, apparently. Thanks for that WBC.

Here's an idea-let's put the WBC on an island with Harold Camping and nuke it on October 21. That way both groups AND the general public get their wish. Three birds with one wmd.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:28pm
Edit:

Deleted because I don't feel like feeding trolls

Edited by SSOK - 07 October 2011 at 7:30pm
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2011 at 7:31pm
I see FE is at it again.... Good lord man, give it a rest. Its hard to go into EVERY thread and see that you, once again, try to turn it into a political thread in some way, shape, or form.

SSOK, good call. Let the troll go hungry.

Edited by ammolord - 07 October 2011 at 7:33pm
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 5:18am
Never liked Apples that much.

I did have an Ipod somewhere.

Pity Steve and Richard never went into business together. With Burt Rutan.

That could have been cool.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 08 October 2011 at 5:21am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:05am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:40am
It surprised me that the initial number of 4S units sold is double that of the iPhone 4 when it was unveiled last year. It's basically the same phone! People sure are gullible...
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 8:35am
or many people are still running the 3GS like me and are ready for an upgrade/need an upgrade. When the iphone 4 came out, I had an early upgrade available but the 4 wasn't a huge improvement. I decided I could wait for the next one to be released. Now it has been over 2 years with the 3GS and I loved it until about the past 2 months or so. It just shuts down anytime I try to do something with more than basic computing power. It even shuts down at 100% battery. I'm sure the battery is pretty much dead now.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 8:42am
I am due for an upgrade and think I may take the plunge and buy one of the new IPhones. My daughter loves hers. I hate the touch screen, but when I realized you could use it horizontally instead of vertically it makes it a lot easier to use.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 9:24am

Lots of my friends have the new one... One of them was looking at my blackberry bold this weekend at some pictures, and he kept smearing my screen trying to get the picture to zoom in...

I laughed, and showed him how, and a few minutes later there he was again with his fingers smearing up the screen again!
They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

When the iphone 4 came out, I had an early upgrade available but the 4 wasn't a huge improvement.

I have to disagree, only because of processor speed and dsplay quality. Going to a 3GS from a 4 feels like going from a modern, top of the line PC to a 2001 Dell, and the Retina display is just plain purdy.

I won't be upgrading this time, for two reason-I don't feel the need, and I'm dead broke. Right now my current iPhone 4 destroys your fingers thinks to the spiderwebbed glass (I tend to hurt my phone when I'm angry), so I'll be happy for the hand me down 4 I'll get when someone in my family upgrades.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 3:53pm
I have played with a 4 while having my 3GS. It may be faster, but not enough to warrant it. All it really did was load up applications quicker. I have never been in a need for an app to open 3-5 seconds faster. Facetime is basically pointless because of the wifi restriction. The screen does look much nicer, but that wasn't enough to warrant a change when my 3GS was running strong. Besides, I saved $200 waiting for the next gen "S"

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic