FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coffee.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coffee.
    Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:20pm
SO being a sophomore college (really?! yup.) I have acquired a taste for coffee at a local coffee shop while trying to swoon the art majors there. Soon after I started utilizing coffee as a tool in which I can sleep less and still feel great and responsive in my early classes. Here's where the tragedy occured, since I like the coffee at the shop so much I find anything I make in my dorm with my average drip mr. coffee maker is wretched. The only other coffee I liked was from the dunkin donuts express thing on campus which was costing me a $1.50 a day. 

So here's my challenge to you all: Find me a great tasting coffee, pre ground, has a great kick to it, and makes me poop by noon time. All sub $15 dollars.

Some info: the coffee shop uses free trade Marakesh beans. (http://donkeycoffee.com/) 

Oh, and I don't want to use a grinder in my dorm room because my roommate is still sleeping while I get ready for class.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:52pm
Wouldnt mind knowing this either...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:57pm
The beans aren't going to be your biggest problem, it'll be your brew method.

Get yourself an aeropress to brew in: http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-AeroPress-Coffee-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317837477&sr=8-1

And an electric kettle to heat up water in. (I microwave can also work fine.

If you want to get better beans purchase a grinder and just grind them the night before.

How to brew in the aeropress: http://awlred.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/video-post-aeropress/

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 2:08pm
Honestly I find it really doesnt matter if it's cheap coffee or expensive coffee for me I just thrown some sugar and cream in it and drink it. It'll wake you up either way. I personally use MJB Classic roast just because that's what they had at work all summer and when I left I just took all my coffee supplies for the school year from work.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 2:13pm

grind the beans ahead of time when your room mate is awake and refrigerate.  coffee shop coffee is nasty and is a rich mans sport.    

hazel nut blended w/ whatever is on sale and you have coupons for  50/50

refrigerated grounds and beans is the key.

and if you want to get rocked drink cofftea.  drop a tea bag in your coffee.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 05 October 2011 at 2:28pm
Sent from a phone booth
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 2:51pm
Look up my coffee thread from ahwile back. My 'Nam coffee maker isnt bad, but its kind of a chore to make coffee.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 4:25pm
Screw coffee, the stress will be enough to keep you up.  Just don't let your head get too close to the table, the fall has to be far enough to wake you up when you nod off.

Although this doesn't particularly work in class.  I have often napped in larger (30+ students) in the past.

Edited by ParielIsBack - 05 October 2011 at 4:26pm
BU Engineering 2012
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 4:55pm
Meth is cheaper
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic